Build innovative businesses from the ground up
Senior DevOps Engineer
You will bring your experience and skill to bear on the multitude of new and exciting challenges that appear when trying to bring a new product or business to market. Is this an exciting adventure that you’d like to be part of?
As an DevOps Engineer you’ll work across multiple agile venture teams, and take a shared responsibility for crafting and implementing successful products. You’ll have hands-on involvement building deployment and testing pipelines, automating cloud infrastructure and support service provisioning.
Think of yourself as an internal consultant, cross-pollinating all venture teams with good practises, tooling, and expertise.
We want to focus our efforts in the right areas, so we’ll always default to using established open source or SaaS products over building or hosting our own (e.g. we’re not going to ask you to run and maintain our own production Kubernetes cluster).
Despite the variety of our work, there will always be certain commonalities at the infrastructure and platform levels.
As such, we’ll be looking for you to take a lead in standardising and bootstrapping our ventures, while leaving space for innovation and evolution where required.
What you'll bring
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an appetite to collaborate with, upskill, and empower multiple distinct teams
- Extensive experience using PaaS cloud (primarily AWS but we also use GCE and Heroku)
- Ideas around how DevOps values, principles and practises can help us achieve our goals
- A focus on building simple, extensible systems that allow us to find product market fit and subsequently scale and commercialize successful business
- A good grasp of security practises (e.g. secrets management, user identity) and associated tooling
- Experience of the benefits and trade-offs involved in building, maintaining and operating distributed systems
- Experience in production system logging, monitoring and observability
- Real passion for releasing working software to customers daily using Continuous Delivery tooling and practises
- Experience working with the following: Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda
- Scripting and programming languages e.g. Python, Ruby, Golang, etc.
- A basic understanding of automated testing approaches and tools
What you'll get to do
- Influence not just the technical direction of multiple businesses, but of Digital Ventures itself
- Enjoy a diverse, collaborative, environment where your expertise and talent are highly valued
- Be instrumental in the founding and growth of successful startups
- Build new and exciting products using the latest technologies and tools
- Work with a diverse and talented team who have a wide range of experience growing successful startups
Meet your team
BCG Digital Ventures at a glance
BCG Digital Ventures focuses on Collaboration, Product Design, Venture Capital, Technology, and Innovation Engineering. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, London, Berlin, and Sydney. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.