Powerfully simple business banking
Technical Product Manager$90k – $120k • 0.0% – 0.15%
Novo is a business banking platform built for today’s business owners. Since launch, thousands of freelancers, startup founders, and small business owners alike have been opening business checking accounts securely and easily, with no minimum balance requirements or monthly fees.
We’re building a platform for businesses that centralizes financial analysis and management, and plugs into everything, removing the lock-in that most banking services ultimately force.
Working at Novo
Novo is powered by some of the brightest minds, from tech to financial services, and we’re all working toward one goal: changing the way businesses bank - everywhere. We currently have offices in NYC and India.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with stakeholders to find the best solutions to problems and opportunities
- Translating ideas and vision into strategy and backlog
- Facilitate technical product discussion (check processing, ACH transfers, etc.) and provide ongoing perspective on the architectural design
- Practicing Dual Track Agile methodologies to simultaneously help the development team deliver while also validating new backlog items
- Lead a retro-oriented culture. After outages host blameless post-mortems and follow up on action items for issues identified
What we look for
- (Required) Experience in a role focused on banking or money movement. Familiarity with ACH payments, bank verification, card processing, etc.
- 1-4 years product management experience in mobile and/or web apps
- Technical background in a software engineering role, or have relevant technical experience. For example, you understand how worker queues function, you can read API docs and suggest implementations, and you can also jump in and write some code if needed.
- Ability to relentlessly evaluate product vs. business vs. technical tradeoffs to find the lowest risk, highest value next step and be able to explain WHY to a team that might not agree with you initially
- Strong at resolving conflicts within the team or product problem/opportunity no matter how large
- Communicates regularly with all stakeholders in a way that is collaborative, not combative
- Succeeds and thrives in a fast-paced, ambitious environment
- Able to maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Highly self-reflective - demonstrates ability to learn and grow in their position: reflects on past work and figures out how to improve the next time
Novo at a glance
Novo focuses on Financial Services, Small and Medium Businesses, Banking, Sme Banking, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Novo has raised $6M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.