Turn any reward points into digital assets that you can spend anywhere
Technical Support Manager
Who We Are Bakkt unlocks the $1.2+ trillion of digital assets that is currently held in cryptocurrencies, rewards and loyalty points, gaming assets and merchant stored value. We began in 2018 with the vision to bring trust and transparency to digital assets. Through the Bakkt Warehouse and Bakkt Bitcoin Futures and Options contracts, we serve institutional clients in an end-to-end regulated market with true price transparency. For consumers, Bakkt aggregates digital assets to enable instant liquidity and to empower users to trade, transfer and pay however they want. Merchants within the Bakkt ecosystem see a lower cost of payment acceptance, enhanced customer engagement, and decreased loyalty through a variety of redemption options. As the Technical Support Manager at Bakkt you will be own the internal support process and act as the operational face for our Payments platform engineering team. You will manage a Tier 2 / Tier 3 support model for any unplanned issues and escalations that are raised to our Payments Engineering team.
- Own and bring to conclusion escalations by working across multiple teams such as support, infrastructure, engineering and operations in a Java-based, AKS and Azure Cloud Environment
- Evaluate current processes, technology, and organizational skills to identify areas of improvement and opportunities for optimization.
- Work with external vendors and internal product stakeholders keep tickets progressing and lead collaborative meetings to drive production solutions
- Ensure documentation of root causes including permanent mitigations and knowledge base updates
- Maintain a clear understanding of the product development cycle/SDLC, technical/non-functional requirements and project management.
- Actively seek knowledge on potential technologies that benefit the support model and compliment other infrastructure and technical support team processes
- Communicate effectively, even under challenging circumstances, with multiple stakeholders to drive permanent resolution to all escalations
- 7+ years of technical support and service management experience
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting and understanding Java-based services and portal architecture running in a hosted cloud environment
- Proven ability to manage and optimize effective support processes
- Demonstrated customer/stakeholder oriented solution and resolution mindset
- Clear ability to bring order and focus to high-pressure incident resolution across multiple stakeholder teams, experts and platforms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Keen interest in ensuring an evolving, useful knowledge base is maintained to accelerate issue resolution
- Ability to lead change by effectively building consensus and engagement
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and escalate support issues based on corporate and department goals
- Strong technical aptitude and excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ideally, expertise in Azure Cloud and AKS cluster based environments
- Ideally, expertise in technical support for Banking, Financial Services and/or Payment Processing platforms
Bakkt at a glance
Bakkt focuses on Hardware, Financial Services, Payments, Financial Exchanges, and Professional Networking. Their company has offices in Atlanta. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Bakkt has raised $482.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.
You can view their website at https://www.bakkt.com