Turn any reward points into digital assets that you can spend anywhere
Full Stack Java Engineer
Who We Are
Bakkt is building an open, seamless global network to enable you to buy, sell, store and spend digital assets simply, safely and efficiently. Bakkt is designed to enable consumers, merchants and institutions to seamlessly interreact with digital assets. Formed with the purpose of bringing trust, efficiency and commerce to digital assets, Bakkt seeks to develop open technology to connect existing market and merchant infrastructure to the blockchain.
Expanding access to the global economy by building trust in and unlocking the value of digital assets
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will develop platform capabilities at Bakkt. You will provide full stack development expertise and leadership, managing a sprint team and building out a full suite of products. In this role you will work closely with product teams to understand customer preferences and business requirements – analyzing options, documenting specifications, and implementing decisions.
- Provide full stack development leadership and expertise across a suite of products
- Analyze, design, implement, test and support production business applications
- Work closely with stakeholders in the payments and blockchain space to understand business and functional requirements
- Ensure technology solutions align with business requirements and create technical documentation to present design proposals and explain architectural decisions
- Future technology leaders- dynamic individuals energized by fast paced personal and professional growth
- 5+ years as a full stack Java developer in Java/J2EE with React JS and Node JS experience
- Proficient in npm, yarn, HTML5, CSS 3, Git, JBOSS-EAP, Spring Boot / Cloud
- Expertise in Persistence Technologies such as Spring Data, Hibernate, JPA, and JDBC
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a highly-technical customer focused service environment
- Experience in Azure cloud and Azure API Gateway management tool
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Experience working with financial services products such as payments, blockchain, and retail loyalty systems
Bakkt at a glance
Bakkt focuses on Hardware, Financial Services, Payments, Financial Exchanges, and Professional Networking. Their company has offices in Atlanta. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Bakkt has raised $482.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.
You can view their website at https://www.bakkt.com