Turn any reward points into digital assets that you can spend anywhere
Senior Java Engineer
Who We Are Bakkt is building an open, seamless global network to enable you to buy, sell, store and spend digital assets simply, safely and efficiently. Formed with the purpose of bringing trust, efficiency and commerce to digital assets, Bakkt seeks to develop open technology to connect existing market and merchant infrastructure to the blockchain. As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of large-scale front-end / back-end services and/or large-scale websites. You should have an established background in designing and building highly scalable systems, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be working closely with our client technology partners in collaboratively establishing direction, taking next steps, and meeting target milestones. In this role, communication skills are as important as technical ability. A willingness to take ownership and be accountable for results is essential.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
- Evolve and motivate software developers in a high-performance software development organization
- Partner with Development Manager to deliver the scoped set of software development requirements with accountability and visibility into milestones, deliverables, risk and costs
- Plan and decompose High-Level Features, providing accurate estimates and roadmap/development plans
- Responsible for overall application architecture direction of the platform
- Analyze the development processes and procedures to determine areas for improvement
- Execute process improvement projects, including technical debt reduction and culling code/procedures that may no longer be needed
- Assign and monitor development progress across the team
- Liaise with the project managers, business analysts, product owners, and clients as required
- Assist Production Support Team with triage and identify root cause for issues with designated applications
- Nice to haves: All-around familiarity with application architecture, general network knowledge, superior troubleshooting skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of hands-on software development in Java in Java 8 or above
- Spring framework 4.x and Spring boot 1.5.x is a plus
- Experience delivering highly scalable, high-performance and mission-critical software solutions
- Solid experience in relational databases like SQL Server, Oracle
- Experience with JSON, SOA, REST, SQL, SOAP
- Familiarity with software management tools (Maven, Jenkins, SVN, GIT, Gerritt etc) would be considered as a plus
- Experience with unit test automation like Junit
- Experience in multi-tenant application is a plus
- Proficient in any IDE ( IntelliJ / Eclipse )
- Ability to work semi-independently with client technology partners
- Proven track-record of delivering software on schedule and with high quality
Bakkt at a glance
Bakkt focuses on Hardware, Financial Services, Payments, Financial Exchanges, and Professional Networking. Their company has offices in Atlanta. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Bakkt has raised $482.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.
You can view their website at https://www.bakkt.com