Turn any reward points into digital assets that you can spend anywhere
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - DevOps$110k – $140k
Duties and Responsibilities
As a cloud infrastructure engineer at Bakkt your days will vary, but you will directly impact the emerging cryptocurrency, digital asset and blockchain ecosystem. You will implement cloud-based architectures that are responsible for a number of business-critical use cases ranging from payments to custody to merchant services. To succeed in this role, you will:
- Have extreme attention to detail without sacrificing execution rigor.
- Bias towards action and owning tasks/issues/problems end-to-end.
- Work through friction and tactfully navigate the organization driving towards the objective.
- Be thoughtful and analytical - ask why and contribute to the larger objectives.
- Participate in the design and architecture of hybrid cloud infrastructure with a focus on balancing security controls and operational requirements.
- Own hands-on implementation of decided architectures and deploy production ready infrastructure.
- Partner directly with internal and external development and security teams to understand requirements and mapping them into solutions.
- Very strong background building cloud-based infrastructure in regulated industries (i.e. financial services, healthcare, DoD/IC, etc.) or top tier software companies as an SRE, software developer, systems engineering, systems administrator or similar is required.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure is required. Specifically, Azure Key Vault, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Dedicated HSM, Blob Storage, Azure Backup, Azure Functions, Virtual Machines, Service Fabric and Container Instances.
- Hands-on experience with Python, Bash, and/or PowerShell with a focus on orchestration and automation of underlying services, systems, provisioning, and security hardening.
- Additional experience with JS or C# a plus. Understanding of Linux operating systems at a detailed level including processes, memory allocation, and networking with an understanding of how applications function and impact other OS components and cloud services.
- Expert-level debug/troubleshooting skills. Hands-on experience deploying Hashicorp Terraform and Packer (or similar tools) is preferred.
- Hands-on experience designing, building, and implementing continuous integration pipelines using Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity or similar.
- Comfortable with Git, Jira, and similar tools.
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Bakkt at a glance
Bakkt focuses on Hardware, Financial Services, Payments, Financial Exchanges, and Professional Networking. Their company has offices in Atlanta. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Bakkt has raised $182.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.
You can view their website at https://www.bakkt.com