The largest social discovery network in the world
Data Analyst Lead ( Badoo)
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Badoo is expanding its analytical function again. We are looking for an experienced Analyst Manager to be part of an established team. You will be leading a team of five bright and savvy analysts that is rapidly expanding, part of a larger team of analysts and data scientists to work on a wide range of data challenges: evaluate product features, user behavioural pattern mining, A/B test results, PR materials and fun facts, revenue / user churn predictions, competitor reports, effect of marketing campaigns, social media data scraping and sentiment analysis (NLP), forecasting models and much, much more. If you enjoy leading a team, helping them grow and develop, this is your chance!
We constantly review and extend our tool stack to remain current. Continuous learning is a crucial part of the job. We participate regularly in conferences, meetups, training and internal hackathons. If many of the following speak to you, we would like to hear from you!
- Lead a team of great analyst, help them grow and achieve their career goals
- Take the responsibilities of leading the Badoo analytics function, unlocking insights that will help impress the experience of our 500M+ users.
- Help growing the team technically and on their soft skills.
- Deliver actionable insights to product, marketing, billing, engineering and operations teams
- Perform analysis across a variety of data topics and help solve challenges such as interpreting split test results, predicting user behaviours and finding top performing user segments
- Take the lead on new exploratory research projects in a wide variety of areas
- Contribute to ongoing infrastructure improvements, e.g. our Python library
- Push innovation in our tech and processes
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- People management experience, patience and ability to listen.
- Ability to engage well with other parts of the business such as developers, product managers and senior management
- Great business understanding and keen to lead and contribute to projects
- A proactive approach to identify and resolve problems
- Experience in presenting findings to varying audiences (technical and non-technical stakeholders) and catering presentation style appropriately
- Excellent Python skills: pandas, scikit-learn, statsmodels, IPython/Jupyter/ Data Visualisation: D3.js, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, ggplot (any of the above)
- Experience in A/B testing analysis: significance analysis, non-parametric methods, bootstrapping
- A strong attention to detail and a clear and concise writing style
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Data Modeling
- Version Control (git)
Badoo at a glance
Badoo focuses on Mobile, Social Media, Internet, Social Media Platforms, and Online Dating. Their company has offices in London and Moscow. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Badoo has raised $30M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2008.