Tailor-Made Employee Communications
Full Stack Software Engineer$55k – $90k • 0.35% – 0.75%
backstitch, recently named one of Kansas City's "Top Startups to Watch", is an Enterprise SaaS employee communications and engagement software platform. We work with some of the largest brands and employers in restaurants, healthcare, manufacturing, and consumer products to better inform, educate and empower their most important audience, their own employees.
We are looking for a full-stack developer to work closely with our local and remote engineering teams. This role will have you take ownership over future customer-facing products as well as assist in scaling our existing suite of applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work on existing core Web and Mobile applications used by employees globally.
- Engage with our Customer Success team to create custom-branded employee communication apps during implementation for our large customers.
- Develop new key features and product offerings; from initial design mockup, to coding, QA testing, and support.
- Participate-in and eventually lead standup meetings with your own project team.
- Development of production-ready MVC Web applications.
- Comprehension of good database schema design and writing efficient database queries.
- Skilled in coding for responsive screen sizes (Mobile, Tablet, Desktop, and larger).
Bonus Points for Knowledge of
- Development of Mobile apps using Cordova, Phonegap or React Native
- Single Page Frameworks (React, Backbone, Marionette, Angular, Knockout, etc.)
- Understanding of Test Driven Development.
- Using an RDBMS alongside a Document Database.
Benefits and Perks
- Company Stock Options.
- Flexible Schedule and Uncapped Vacation.
- 100% Employer Covered Medical Plan.
- Bountiful Company-Provided Snack Options.
- Company Provided 16” Macbook Pro, iPad and Workstation with Standing Desk and Dual External Monitors.
NOTE Currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. We still ask that candidates be in Kansas City post pandemic.
Employer covered medical plan
Company stock options
Flexible schedule and uncapped vacation
Bountiful company-provided snack options
Company provided macbook pro, ipad w/ pencil, standing desk, dual monitors
backstitch at a glance
backstitch focuses on Enterprise Software, Human Resources, Unifed Communications, and Employer Benefits Programs. Their company has offices in Kansas City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, backstitch has raised $2.445M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.