Marketplace dedicated to refurbished devices (Phones, electronic devices, etc..)
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
As a Senior Front-End Developer you consider yourself as a craftsman and you will have the wish to improve the quality, the performance and the security of our code base and our products.
Within the tribe you will have many challenges to overcome. You will help us to work on search, contextualization, reassurance, improvement of the user experience. Because we love our backers!
Required profile :
- You have already worked on projects based on Vuejs, React or Angular.
- Quality of code is your priority and you follow best practices.
- No, no, no, no, testing is not doubtful (Clean code, TDD, BDD, DDD, DDD, SOLID)You are curious, proactive and invested.
- Scrum and kanban are not karate katas and you hate the V-cycle.
- You are comfortable working both in a team and also working independently to ensure goals are achieved.
- You have an ability to foresee where your interfaces may need to be altered to keep in lie with the company strategy.
- You want to join a challenging technical environment: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, RestFul API, Python, Django, VueJs, Nuxt, Algolia, Datadog, Spinnaker, SQS, ElasticSearch, Nginx, UWSGI.
Bonus Skills :
- You understand the back-end constraints and are able to design an API call.
- You're good at finding cool names.
- You have experience on Single Page Application served in Server Side Rendering such as Nuxt/Next
- You've already tried TypeScript, Flow etc...
- Beginner chess players accepted. We also accept those who prefer board games and music, we even have an in House music band ;)
- Monitorering is second nature
- Software craftmanship & clean code are in your library
Recruitment process :
Call with Vanessa one of our tech and product talent acquisition specialist
Technical interview with members of the tech team
Team Fit Interview with your Manager and one of your potential futur coworker
Interview with Quentin our CTO and Co-founder
Interview with Thibaud our CEO and Co-founder
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Back Market at a glance
Back Market focuses on Mobile and E-Commerce. Their company has offices in Paris. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Back Market has raised $41M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.
You can view their website at http://backmarket.com