Everyone's personal health service
Digital Health Support Associate
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
The Opportunity at Babylon Health:
- As part of the Clinical Operations team, you’ll be working alongside leaders in technology, physicians, medical experts, and a fun, hard-working group of HealthTech enthusiasts who are responsible for the roll out and operations behind Babylon Canada.
- You’ll get to learn the ins-and-outs of our technology and gain extensive knowledge of the Canadian healthcare system. You’ll also be a part of a national and global turn in innovation, as technology becomes integrated into our understanding of what it means to see a doctor right from your smartphone.
- You’ll be responsible for up to 100 incoming and outgoing calls per day, as well as managing the post-consultation care for our patients by liaising with pharmacies and working with other members of the medical community. The ability to provide professional and confidential support via telephone, while typing notes, is important.
- The platform we use merges healthcare and technology and we’ll need you to be comfortable with providing low-level technical support, such as walking patients through downloading an app, or finding a particular tab (your “Google game” has to be on-point), and providing tech support to our physicians during appointments.
- Experience working with some form of CRM software and completing highly administrative tasks like data entry is valuable; you’ll be responsible for navigating and updating 50-100 patient records per day.
- Above all, the ability to demonstrate previous experience in providing exceptional customer service is paramount. Can you stay calm under pressure? We want to hear about it! ### 10 things Babylon did in the first half of 2020:
Cared for a patient every 6 seconds, with 630,000 clinician consultations and nearly 2 million AI interactions.
Created a digital first COVID-19 Care Assistant in just 10 days and contracted to deliver it to 8% of England’s population, with some 8 million views of its specialist content.
Delivered our 1 millionth consultation in Rwanda and signed a new 10-year contract with the government to create Africa’s first universal digital primary care services for everyone over 12.
Launched our clinical services to 2.6 million Americans including those on Medicaid health plans, in the states of California, New York, Iowa and Missouri, with more to come soon.
Fast forwarded our launch with Mount Sinai Health Partners to serve 8.6 million New Yorkers through their clinically integrated network, as this crisis hit the city.
Invested in consumer health engagement company, Higi, to increase access to Babylon services across 10,000 community and retail units, within 5 miles of over 75% of the US population.
Achieved 3x growth in our services across Canada with expansion to 3 provinces in the country.
Went live in 6 more countries across South East Asia, covering nearly 10 million Prudential members, and expanded our services to some 2 million Bupa members in the UK.
Achieved 5x growth in our annual revenue run-rate, and maintained employee satisfaction at some 80% through this tough period.
And most importantly, throughout it all, we have continued to be obsessed with delivering high member satisfaction: 90% 5-star ratings (and 95% 5 and 4 stars).
- Ready to join us for the next half?
What we offer for this position:
- Base salary of $40,000 per annum; increases to $45,000 after successful completion of a 6-month probation
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Extended health benefits from day one (medical, dental, vision, etc).
- The option to work at TELUS Garden
We’re looking to cover full-time shifts Monday to Sunday.
- Our hours of operation (and times you’ll be scheduled) are between:
- 7:30 AM - 10:30 PM, Monday to Friday
- 7:30 AM - 10:30 PM, Saturday and Sunday
Babylon Health at a glance
Babylon Health focuses on Healthcare, Machine Learning, Diagnostics, Health Care Information Technology, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Babylon Health has raised $622M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.