Everyone's personal health service
Senior Medical Office Assistant (MOA)
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
Ever thought you could change the world? Us too; let's talk.
More than half the world doesn’t have reliable access to healthcare. Babylon is a global healthcare provider on a mission to change that.
As the leader of digital-first healthcare in Canada, Babylon by TELUS Health proudly provides primary medical care to patients in British Columbia.
Babylon by TELUS Health brings comprehensive medical care to patients in Canada. We do this through cutting-edge AI technology and digital access to real medical professionals in our communities.
Patients are able to access medical care with a family physician and allied health services using their smartphone. Doctors are able to provide a broad scope of care to patients who wouldn’t otherwise be able to access care as easily.
All physician visits for our patients are covered by MSP, so patients don’t ever pay out of pocket to see Babylon doctor.
See for yourself: Download the app for iOS and Android.
Being a Babylonian
We believe that healthcare is a human right. Right now, at least half of the world doesn’t have reliable access to healthcare, and we won’t stop until that changes.
But to do that we need people who know they can change the world.
So do you think you can change the world? If so, you’re already a Babylonian.
Babylonians are people who are passionate about making the world better, by providing better access to healthcare.
- We want you to feel like you are making an impact. As a key member of our clinical support team, you’ll make providing top-notch care to our patients easier by managing the communication channels between physicians, patients, and other healthcare providers.
- You’re a natural leader. In this role, you’ll be responsible for training and leading junior associates.
- As a senior team member, you will report to the Clinical Operations Lead, but you will oversee operations at our first Babylon by TELUS Health clinic. You’ll be a key team member working on the important job of changing traditional methods of healthcare delivery in Canada.
- People are your passion. You’ll build relationships with our patients and physicians, and be responsible for managing all operations, maintaining exceptional service, and handling any technical problems that come up.
- You have great communication skills. You’ll regularly liaise with other healthcare providers across BC to ensure all prescriptions, referrals, results, and appointments are managed appropriately.
- Our key focus is patient experience. We go the extra mile for all of our patients, so you’ll get the chance to surprise and delight patients by providing a high-touch service, while working with the latest health technologies.
- As the Senior MOA, you’ll have the opportunity to join a nimble team of about 70 Health/HealthTech professionals as we get ready to scale our Vancouver team into the hundreds.
A Bit More About You
- Senior Associates take an active role in leading our growing team of Clinic Associates during shifts and act as a liaison for current and new physicians. You will be the main point of contact for the clinic, and will be the person responsible for communicating the clinic’s needs and leading new initiatives.
- Previous experience as an MOA and helping to operate a medical clinic (preferably family practice) for at least 4 physicians is required. Ideally, we’re looking for a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience.
- You’ll manage the post-consultation care for our patients, and the day to day operations of the clinic. Experience in providing professional and confidential support in an open environment is important.
- You’re tech savvy. Because Babylon is the only digital-first clinic Canada, you’ll need to be comfortable with providing low-level technical support, like walking patients through downloading and navigating our easy-to-use app.
- In our busy clinic, you’ll be responsible for navigating through, and updating, 50-100 patient records per day so experience working with some form of CRM software is important.
What We Offer
- An annual salary between $55,000 - $58,000 depending on experience.
- Your health is as important as our patients’ health. You’ll get extended health benefits from day one, and we’ll also pay your MSP premiums.
- Changing the face of healthcare is hard work, and hard work deserves rest. You’ll get 4 weeks' vacation and stat holidays off. If you must work a stat holiday, we’ll make sure you get days off in lieu.
- We care about your financial success too, so we also offer share options.
- You’ll work in a freshly renovated, centrally located clinic in the heart of downtown Vancouver.
Babylon Health at a glance
Babylon Health focuses on Healthcare, Machine Learning, Diagnostics, Health Care Information Technology, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Babylon Health has raised $622M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.