Providing secure, multi-party data infrastructure with distributed ledger technology
Sr. Scala Engineer - Remote
Axoni is a capital markets focused distributed ledger technology firm. Our innovative and unique distributed ledger technology has proven itself successful across multiple asset classes and use cases at the world’s most advanced financial institutions.
Our diverse team of capital markets, cryptographic research, and technology development skills focuses every day on our goal of building products that will change and improve how our clients and the markets will interact. We are building the next generation of capital markets technology and we are seeking talented, motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to not only see, but also drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets.
The Senior Scala Engineer will be responsible for coordinating technical development of our platform and applications. This hands-on role will be responsible for coordinating tasks across other developers, managing pull requests, as well direct software development. Candidates should have a strong understanding of algorithm development, networking components, and implementing secure protocols.
This role is a 100% remote full-time employment opportunity
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of functional programming in Scala
- Experience with Akka
- Experience building REST API services
- Comfort with large data sets, preferably experience with Redis PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or DB2
- Knowledge of security best practices for application architecture, communication protocols, and AWS infrastructure
- Comfort with workflows in Gitlab, Jira, and Confluence
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with gRPC/protobuf, Play Framework or Spring Boot a plus
- Experience with Java / overall JVM ecosystem a plus
- Experience working with OAuth and Authorization providers a plus
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Familiarity with network protocols (http/2, tcp) a plus
- Knowledge of Solidity, Ethereum and Bitcoin blockchains a plus
- Best practices for facilitating Agile and Test Driven Development
Axoni at a glance
Axoni focuses on Financial Services, Information Technology, Analytics, Blockchains, and Automation. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Axoni has raised $18M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2016.