AI Meeting Assistant, Collaboration and Intelligence platform for Sales & Success teams
Sr. Product Designer$80k – $120k • 0.1% – 0.5%
About the Job
We are looking for an enthusiastic Sr. Product Designer with a passion for a user interface, user experience, and aesthetic design. At Avoma, we are building a new kind of productivity solution, so this person should be someone who is curious and loves the challenge of solving complex problems with a delightful solution that improve people’s lives on an everyday basis. You will collaborate with a fun and close-knit agile team to design, test, implement, and continuously iterate on new features and products that solve our customers’ pain points in the most efficient ways.
You will be a core part of the founding team and report directly to the CEO.
Your responsibilities will be:
• Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by translating research insights into delightful user interfaces which satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
• Work in one of our multidisciplinary product teams and collaborate with engineers in an iterative, transparent and feedback-driven process.
• Produce engaging experiences using sketches, storyboards, information architecture blueprints and prototypes to collect feedback and iteratively improve and support the design process.
• Translate wireframes and experiences into polished visual composites with attention to interaction design whilst following style and brand guidelines.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering and user research to ensure a smooth, data-driven product development process
• Design and prototype elegant and highly useful flows and experiences across multiple media
• Create user flows, wireframes, site maps, customer journey maps, and other tools to guide the product development process.
• Collaborate with product managers and engineers to conceptualize, document, design and develop new product concepts.
• Create high-fidelity mockups and work with engineers and product managers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions.
• Develop comprehensive annotated design specifications and functional documentation for our engineering team.
You should have below to be successful:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Graphic Design, HCI, Visual Communication, UX Design, etc) or you have relevant agency or extensive UX and UI design experience.
• 4+ years of as a Product Designer, UX Designer or Visual Designer at a consumer software or B2B SaaS company.
• You keep the end users first in your work but understand that different voices within our business contribute to priorities. You work to solve our unique problems in a way that’s best for the people using the product.
• You never forget there are people at the other end of the screen using our products. You love observing people and their habits. Empathy is one of your favorite words.
• You demonstrate and defend your process for arriving at design decisions. You never do something, “Because it looks good."
• You don’t stop at the first idea that comes to you. You know how to pull together a cross-functional team and lead a productive ideation session.
• You can turn static wireframes and designs into interactive flows. You can scope and create prototypes for usability testing. You know showing is better than telling when it comes to UX. You like Framer and InvisionApp.
• You know how to plan, set up, execute, and analyze usability tests. You like rainbow spreadsheets and making popcorn to watch recordings. You’re familiar with remote testing tools like usertesting.com as well as conducting in-person tests.
• You understand how design systems are built. You know when to follow and when to break established interaction patterns. You champion consistency, flexibility, and reuse. You like Atomic Design, pattern libraries, Sketch, and Zeplin.
• You know enough about HTML, CSS, and front-end frameworks that you can communicate with engineers. You know how to get your designs rock solid before release. You’re not afraid to open the web inspector to get it right.
• You bring your own perspective to the table. You don’t always just tell people what they want to hear. You have hobbies and interests outside of design that influences your style.
Bonus points for:
• Strong references from previous customers and employers.
• You have some experience designing and launching Android and iOS apps.
• You have worked in an Agile environment before. You know things like sprints and Scrum.
• You have experience crunching numbers and manipulating benchmark data. • You understand how to track and interpret metrics so that they can influence product decisions.
• You’ve had experience leading customer research and other open-ended research inquiries.
• Knowledge of SaaS, Artificial Intelligence, Sales, CRM kind of domains
We offer -
• A very competitive base salary and commission and significant stock options
• 100% health, dental, and vision benefits for you and 50% for your family
• Flexible work hours
• 3 weeks Paid Time-Off vacation policy