Go together, go far. discover new locations with spaces designed for you and the people you love
Manager, Business Affairs
Who we are...
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for…
A rockstar who will serve as an internal consultant and change agent within the organization to support and/or lead a variety of initiatives aimed at building corporate infrastructure, increasing organizational compliance and effectiveness. They will be able to exercise considerable independent judgment, employ exceptional analytical skills, and communicate clearly and effectively. This Manager will establish compliance management programs for a variety of federal, state and municipal laws and regulations, and be able to identify and address risks to the company’s growth. Reporting directly to the VP of Business Affairs, they will be responsible for managing corporate knowledge and general compliance company wide.
What you’ll do…
- Design, implement and iterate strategies, policies and processes to support the company’s hyper-growth, with a particular view towards identifying and mitigating risks to the company’s ongoing success.
- Manage corporate knowledge and general compliance, ensure corporate records and complete and up-to-date and monitor compliance with relevant corporate requirements
- Drive a culture of compliance through a robust compliance program, including training, monitoring, investigation and enforcement.
- Establish, manage and continuously improve regulatory compliance strategies and policies based on new or changed regulations and business priorities.
- Oversee compliance audits, both internal and third-partyConduct periodic business compliance risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Provide responses to compliance-related requests from prospective investors and partners.
- Lead compliance incident response, investigation and resolution.
- Evaluate budget and expenses associated with compliance initiatives and programs.
- Act as the primary contact for regulatory authorities and reporting.
- Provide periodic reports on performance of compliance programs to executive management.
What you’ll bring…
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3 + years experience in corporate regulatory compliance management or equivalent
- Experience developing policies and procedures, and developing compliance training plans and courses
- Experience implementing compliance monitoring systems, audit plans and closed-loop corrective action systems for nonconformities
- Experience with regulatory policy development and industry trade organization committee strategy
- Understanding of risk management principles (i.e., risk analysis, mitigation, resolution, acceptance, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple initiatives and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and manage relationships with regulatory authorities, customers, vendors and partners
- Strong team leader experience and managerial skill set
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Driven, high integrity, self-starting, humble, adaptable, excellent judgment, sense of humor and love for adventure and fun
Perks and Benefits..
- Salary: $80,000-$90,000
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
When you join AvantStay… You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Always...We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Stock option plan
Benefits and unlimited paid time off
Team bonding and off-site events
Complimentary and discount stays at avantstay properties
AvantStay at a glance
AvantStay focuses on Real Estate, Hospitality, Tourism, Technology, and Travel. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and West Hollywood. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AvantStay has raised $25M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019 at a valuation of $85M.