Go together, go far. discover new locations with spaces designed for you and the people you love
Senior Learning & Development Specialist
Who we are...
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for…
A motivated and talented Senior Learning & Development Specialist to guide our team towards a culture of learning. As a Senior L&D Specialist, you’ll be responsible for creating and executing training and performance development strategy and programs, leading employee engagement efforts as the company continues to expand, and managing new hire communications. This role sits in the central People & Talent team, however will focus curating and implementing content and training materials necessary to track and measure employee success in the Operations department.
What you’ll do…
- Create and deliver learning offerings for AvantStay employees. Manage multiple training programs end-to-end across the business balancing different timelines, priorities, and deliverables.
- Drive company-wide performance management program including all facets of design, communications, training and reporting/compliance.
- Analyze metrics and feedback to evaluate the effectiveness programs and make recommendations for modifications.
- Build, test and deliver high-quality interactive training to support our commitment to talent development and increase retention and transfer of both technical and non-technical subject matter.
- Develop and implement efficient systems and processes for tracking budget, program participation, and program logistics in partnership with the People + Talent team.
- Stay abreast of new eLearning tools as well as industry trends in learning design offering greater scale and efficiency worldwide.
- Oversee Learning Management System maintenance and content updates, upkeep, data analysis, and administration.
What you’ll bring…
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 7+ years’ experience in Learning & Development, training, performance management, and content development.
- Experience in hospitality, property management and/or real estate a plus
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to adapt to the ever-evolving needs of a dynamic, growing organization. You love bringing structure, organization and order to ambiguous environments.
- Proven expertise in Organizational Development methodologies and design thinking with the ability to stay on top of industry trends, emerging practices and technologies.
- Experience with implementing and deploying an LMS and other l&d tools.
- A strong communicator with amazing written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
Perks and Benefits...
- Salary: $75,000-$100,000
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office
When you join AvantStay…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Opportunity...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Stock option plan
Benefits and unlimited paid time off
Team bonding and off-site events
Complimentary and discount stays at avantstay properties
AvantStay at a glance
AvantStay focuses on Real Estate, Hospitality, Tourism, Technology, and Travel. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and West Hollywood. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AvantStay has raised $25M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019 at a valuation of $85M.