Go together, go far. discover new locations with spaces designed for you and the people you love
Head of Customer Experience
Who we are...
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for...
A high energy sales leader for our fast-growing Customer Experience (CX) team who will develop and implement an aggressive strategy for driving maximum revenue whilst continuously improving customer experience. Responsible for the key touchpoint between the business and its customers, this leader is highly analytical and will use data from thousands of daily interactions to inform all that they do, also sharing data collected with the broader management team to ensure it informs all aspects of the company’s operations.
What you’ll do...
- Identify, communicate, and execute opportunities to increase revenue based on historical demand, regional, seasonal and competitive influences, by property and market, group performance across each property's profit centers, price sensitivity by market segment, demand and reservation costs across multiple sales channels. provide short-term and long-term rooms revenue projections, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and full-year projections.
- Drive initiatives to grow our sales “machine”, identifying both new verticals that support growth and upsell opportunities that leverage existing properties - for example corporate retreats, partnerships and events.
- Support the broader team by providing pertinent information and tools to enhance the ability to provide best-in-class customer service, property's sales, operations, customer experience and marketing efforts and decision making process(es).
- Work closely with internal departments in order to understand internal processes, business parameters, and what makes a property perform. Use this information to continuously improve sales strategy, roadmap, and prioritization.
- Lead, hire, and train an onshore and offshore team of reservations and customer experience specialists who support the rapid growth of the company, drive down costs, constantly improve processes and put guests first.
- Implement proper controls to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory frameworks and corporate standards.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, technologies, partners, and competitors; develop proactive strategies to maintain AvantStay’s competitive edge.
- Track and move key metrics including responsiveness, operational costs, overhead costs, and customer satisfaction (CSAT and NPS).
- Work closely with teams at HQ to develop technology and processes to promote guest self-service and a streamlined employee experience.
- Work with our operations teams to make sure our guest experience is as smooth as possible.
What you’ll bring…
- 6+ years of experience leading growth and managing a Customer Experience or Support Team at a travel company (OTA, hotel, airline) or a hyper-growth tech company; driving hundreds of millions (eventually billions) of revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Deep knowledge of reservations, sales, revenue, customer experience and the broader short-term/ vacation rental market.
- An innate desire to sell and passion for all things sales: speaking to people, building relationships, setting and exceeding targets, and a general hunger for more.
- A guest service obsession: We are a customer-centric organization striving to provide a flawless experience. This obsession to create high quality experiences is not limited to our customers. You treat colleagues, vendors, everyone with the same hospitality and willingness to do whatever it takes.
- The ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. You are naturally curious and enjoy asking questions, understanding how companies prosper and pushing to ensure we are operating as effectively as we can. You understand the holistic need for quality, cost and complexity to be considered when designing new programs and to always know how to measure success.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to quickly negotiate and build strong relationships, both outside and within the organization, with a clear bias for action.
When you join AvantStay…- You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Perks and Benefits- Salary: $100,000-$150,000
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office
Equal Employment Opportunity...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Stock option plan
Benefits and unlimited paid time off
Team bonding and off-site events
Complimentary and discount stays at avantstay properties
AvantStay at a glance
AvantStay focuses on Real Estate, Hospitality, Tourism, Technology, and Travel. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and West Hollywood. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AvantStay has raised $25M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019 at a valuation of $85M.