The first and only comprehensive laboratory benefit manager
Java Developer$100k – $110k • No equity
- Develops complex, modular and reusable application code which utilizes SQL data sources.
- Able to performance tune applications. Develops multiple, modular objects and the messaging interface between objects to create a complex software package. Reuses objects and can create object inventories.
- Creates a detail design document through the assessment of business requirements.
- Works in a team to assess alternatives to different designs and choose best solution to fit business needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to read, interpret, create and maintain complex Conceptual, Logical and Physical models to include context diagrams, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, data dictionaries and logical flow charts, under limited supervision.
- Able to develop unit test plans which include regression testing and the packaging of tests into consecutive steps based on logical dependencies to ensure quality delivery.
- Assists in the development of functional test plans used to verify that a specific system functions according to actual requirements and established guidelines.
- Performs moderate to complex application administration and support. Ability to triage and resolve application and integration issues. Document and track product defects. Demonstrates the ability to develop and implement solutions for the causes identified.
- Evaluates, recommends and exploits evolving technologies in the design and implementation of application infrastructure for scalability, reliability, availability and serviceability and identify the trade-offs and risks associated with each.
- Adheres to and contributes to definition of good database design practices.
- Conceptual understanding of referential integrity, locking and transaction processing. Understands impact of data modeling decisions on system performance and resource usage.
- Able to do complex queries and updates of tables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline; or the equivalent years of relevant business and technical experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in application software development, maintenance, implementation and support; preferably in healthcare / managed care environments.
- Experience with MS SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Experience using standard middleware interface/integration architecture and techniques (SOA, Web services, SOAP / WSDL / XML, REST, SAML, APIs).
- History of working in an Agile software development environment.
- Proven success delivering and supporting high quality solutions on time.
- Self starter. Does not require excessive management to complete work accurately and on schedule.
- Healthcare knowledge or experience.
- Strong background with both UI and middleware development
- Planning, developing and deploying high volume, mission-critical software applications
- Knowledge or experience with HIPAA regulations and standards for security (PHI, IIHI), privacy and transactions.