Live subtitles for any conversation. enjoy 24/7 access to conversations around you
Full Stack/Front-End Engineer
Enable a magical & seamless web experience of Ava's real-time transcription.
Ava started as an app-based captioning system, and is quickly expanding in use cases. Our users want to bring it at work, at school, project captions, and have other people edit in real-time the transcription to help them.
We're looking for a Front-End Web Developer who will take the lead on building out the Ava experience on the web. If you care about all the details that makes a first experiences become magical for a new user, and are looking to make a huge impact on society, this is a position for you.
Why this Role?
- Actually change lives at an unprecedented scale: How often do you hear about apps that make people cry of joy? It is really for us a unique opportunity and privilege to be able to meaningfully improve the lives of 100,000s of people - and yet to still be at the very beginning of our mission!
- Join us at an incredible time: We're well-funded and hit product-market fit, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'd join at the perfect time to shape what we build and how we grow, so we can create a more inclusive world.
- Work with some of the best people in the world: We have an incredibly talented and passionate team that is a lot of fun to work with. We're still super small and have accomplished some things that were thought impossible!
- Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You'd jump between product, marketing, internal tools, process — participating in every phase from inception to implementation. Absolutely no boredom.
So... what will you do as a Full Stack Web Developer at Ava?
- You'll conceive and build of key features from the Ava app to the web: through conception, research, maintenance, and polish.
- You'll build improvements to performance, reliability, product polish and release delivery process — for example, delivering a web-based performance close to the app version, or making the work of real-time transcribers seamless.
- You'll work on our website alongside our growth team to optimize our acquisition funnel and create a great first impression to newcomers.
You'd be perfect for this role if:
- You've built and maintained quality user interfaces that have reached a large audience, ideally while the product is experiencing rapid growth.
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You're diligent and patient, have an eye for detail, and passion for a high-quality finish.
- You're fluent with React, Node, Typescript, CSS
- Bonus: MS in Computer Science
Ava Accessibility at a glance
Ava Accessibility focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Healthcare, Health Care Information Technology, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Paris. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Ava Accessibility has raised $1.845M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2016.