Live subtitles for any conversation. enjoy 24/7 access to conversations around you
Product Designer$70k – $105k • 1.0% – 1.0%
This might be one of the most impactful design challenge you'll have to solve in your life.
Not only by navigating the subtle balance of cultural codes, new behaviors and technology you can empower millions of deaf & hard-of-hearing people to meaningfully participate and communicate in their daily lives, at work or at school. But this is also an opportunity to reflect and redefine how human communication actually happens, explore how it could be made drastically more inclusive, efficient, and connected; and to actually see it through.
To change the world, communication is our support, and you'll be crafting the most effective lever.
Why this role?
- Actually change lives at an unprecedented scale: How often do you hear about apps that make people cry of joy? It is really for us a unique opportunity and privilege to be able to meaningfully improve the lives of 100,000s of people - and yet to still be at the very beginning of our mission!
- Explore new fascinating worlds: Your work will lead you to meet and get accustomed to a very unique and diverse set of users, from Deaf community members practicing sign language users to older people who became hard-of-hearing with age. As we get to know our users, we're often very inspired by the way they live their lives!
- Work with some of the best people in the world: We have an incredibly talented and passionate team that is a lot of fun to work with. We're still super small but we ship fast and have accomplished some things that were thought impossible!
- Create a product that will redefine communication: Because Ava fundamentally helps people communicate better, we have the chance to rethink a new (and better) experience of communication, which could ultimately make an incredible impact on humanity.
So... what will you do as a Product Designer at Ava?
- Craft every detail of new product features, from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution, that feels impeccable.
- Rehaul the app and design onboarding experience to make the users feel right at home with this new communication tool.
- Conduct intense user research and thinking, partnering closely with our support team to understand what users need, want, and love about Ava. All of this to come to great insights, enabling bold decisions to happen if they have to, and guiding our product roadmap.
- Synthesize language and design systems that are simple to understand but help the team to move faster as we scale.
- Work with growth, marketing & sales to show users stories on how they can make the most of Ava, helping empower the community to a 24/7 accessible future.
You'd be perfect for this role if:
- You can create pixel-perfect visual designs (UI).
- You can untangle hard conceptual problems and have sharp intuition for how people use products (UX).
- You care about the business needs, implications, and possibilities of your designs. You understand trade-offs are necessary, and can balance between craft, speed and the bottom line.
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held. You're a good listener who likes to collaborate.
- You like to tell stories using both words and visuals, and strategize the best way to make your point across.
- Bonus: you can produce graphics, videos, animations and GIFs with a high level of craft and attention to detail.
- Bonus: you have bases of (or desire to learn) sign language to easily connect with our users.
Meet your team
Ava Accessibility at a glance
Ava Accessibility focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Healthcare, Health Care Information Technology, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Paris. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Ava Accessibility has raised $1.845M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2016.