Music Sharing and Discovery - Top 20 Music App on iOS & Android
Jr. Backend Developer$40k – $70k • No equity
Audiomack is seeking a junior backend developer to help us test, maintain, and develop our backend systems that support the best music feed ingestion platform for independent artists, labels, and fans! Looking to hire someone with excellent bug investigation intuition, fundamentals of computer programming, and communication skills.
You will work with the development and Q/A teams to learn our systems and eventually come to own responsibility for certain parts of them. You will also work with our content operations staff to find and resolve any issues affecting content from loading or being updated on our service.
- Eager to learn new technologies, receptive to constructive feedback from others, and resourceful.
- Excellent communication skills and reliable team member.
- Some experience developing with PHP or similar languages. Experience with an MVC framework such as Zend Framework 1 useful but not required.
- Understanding of SQL. Able to read and understand queries, as well as write your own.
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing -- able to read, write, and modify tests to ensure bugs that get fixed stay fixed. Prior PHPUnit experience would be very helpful.
- Proven track record of quality (and timely) work.
- Experience with messaging systems such as RabbitMQ a plus.
- Experience with in-memory databases like Redis a plus.
- NYC-based company, but development team works remotely.
- Looking for full time or near full time engineers, flexible on employee vs contract.
- Health benefits available for full-time US-based applicants.
- Entry-level position with pay scaling as your skills develop.