Machine Learning for the Financial Services Industry
Principal Technical Program Manager$145k – $160k
Attunely’s mission is to provide a proven, compliant, and trustworthy machine learning platform that makes the recovery of receivables easy, seamless, and profitable. This role will lead projects in our data science and engineering groups to deliver machine learning models to customers in the financial sector. Success in this role will require the candidate to plan requirements, identify risks and dependencies, remove barriers, manage competing priorities and schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders.
As the Principal Technical Program Manager, you will work with business and product teams to define and scope customer requirements, and coordinate with data science and engineering teams to plan and deliver on those needs. The ideal candidate is highly numerate, has a technical background, and experience working with both engineering and data science teams. Candidates must have significant hands-on experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
This role requires excellent written and verbal communication skills that you can put to work in both briefing senior leadership as well as motivating and managing prioritization with engineering and data science. You don’t always have the answers, but you thrive on finding them. You have a solid understanding of agile software methodologies and tooling, and you are comfortable communicating the facts in all scenarios, even when you have bad news.
This role presents an opportunity for a strategic program management leader to make an impact at an early stage start-up with a large addressable market. Attunely is growing fast, and this role will be key to our company’s success in building and growing our team, culture, and practices, and ensuring that we execute against our product roadmap. If you are excited to dig in and join a fun, supportive, creative, and driven team, this is the role for you.
• Manage technology programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery.
• Partner with product managers, engineering managers, and data science managers to turn product and customer requirements and technical specs into achievable implementation roadmaps, including planning milestones and identifying cross-team dependencies.
• Collaborate and co-lead (with product, data science, and engineering managers) sprint planning cadences and delivery schedules for product/business, engineering, and data science teams; work in tandem with Attunely’s Director, Product Management through a ‘two-in-a-box’ model to prioritize on-time feature delivery.
• Collaborate with product and general business management teams to represent and memorialize the “voice of the customer.”
• Communicate and manage the delivery of engineering and data science initiatives across both internal and external teams. This includes engineering and data science initiatives from customer technical departments, system of record (SOR) software vendors, and product, engineering, data science, and technical operations teams inside Attunely.
• Triage and prioritize incoming needs from a wide range of stakeholders, manage risks and escalations, remove barriers, and balance resource constraints in a fast-moving environment.
• Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.
• Define new processes and tools in a high-growth environment, to improve productivity on the data science and engineering teams.
• Technical leader with 7+ years of hands-on Technical Program Management experience in a B2B SaaS or enterprise software company.
• Strongly motivated by entrepreneurial projects and experienced in collaboratively working with a diverse team of software development engineers, product managers, data scientists and senior business leaders.
• Familiarity with industry-standard agile tools and software services.
• Experience driving programs across organizational boundaries and different project management styles, as well as making tradeoffs between research and engineering efforts.
• Proven team leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to meet deliverables on an aggressive schedule.
• Ability to clearly communicate strategy and technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including to senior leadership.
• Strong technical foundation with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new technologies quickly.
• Burning desire to build great experiences for our customers.
• Prior experience working across organizational boundaries, with the ability to understand technical topics across multiple domains.
• Development or operational experience with cloud services a plus.
• Startup experience is a plus.
• Experience working in collections and/or with financial services entities is a plus.
Attunely is a cloud-based, yield optimization platform for the delinquency stage in the credit ecosystem that uses machine learning to increase revenue recovery, thus improving outcomes for creditors, lowering risk in the credit ecosystem, and facilitating a better consumer experience.
We are a fun start-up crew based in the heart of original Seattle, Pioneer Square. We are a proud blend of techies, industry veterans, and newbies – our diverse experience makes us better. Benefits include fully-covered medical/dental/vision for every employee, a 401(k) plan, and unlimited PTO.
Working at a start-up has many benefits, one of them is the potential to make it big. We see a unique and large addressable market opportunity with a higher probability of a rewarding and enduring career trajectory. As a true start-up, there is ample opportunity to have direct impact on product decisions, participate in learning and professional development opportunities, and take on leadership roles. If you like digging in and getting creative in a genuinely supportive environment, Attunely is the place for you!
At Attunely, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Medical/dental/vision/life premiums covered at 100% for employees
Free healthy snacks and drinks
Free orca card
Bi-annual community involvement days
Attunely at a glance
Attunely focuses on Financial Services, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Debt Collecting, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in Seattle. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.