Personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands & organizations
Software Engineer$110k – $165k • 0.001% – 0.01%
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $110 million Series C investment led by Sequoia and IVP—two of the world’s leading venture firms—in early 2020, less than 8 months after its Series B round due to strong customer traction. We’ve seen 347% customer growth in just one year, and now work with 1000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, Party City, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, highly driven Software Engineer to bolster our development team. Our team is focused on building applications to facilitate and support a new communication channel for marketers.
You at Attentive
- You have worked professionally with web technologies for 3+ years.
- You have a proven track record of building applications that maintain a high bar of quality.
- You deeply loathe regressions and take proactive steps to protect against them through a variety of testing techniques.
- You are excited by new technologies but appreciate the cost of something new.
- You are constantly improving the quality of the project you are working on, both via code contributions as well as long-term advocacy for larger scale changes.
- You are enthusiastic about the high impact, fast-paced work environment of an early stage startup
Product Development at Attentive
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis. Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is 90+ engineers, product managers and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus.
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation. To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data driven decision making.
Benefits and Perks
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunch, customized snacks and drinks, cold-brew coffee and kombucha on tap
- Excellent team offsites, regular company-wide social events
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it. Values like Integrity First, Listening, Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Stock options and 401k
Daily catered lunch and great snacks
$100/month fitness reimbursement
Team offsites, company-wide events, and employee-led activities
Attentive at a glance
Attentive focuses on Mobile, SaaS, E-Commerce, Advertising, and Sales and Marketing. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, and Santa Monica. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Attentive has raised $124M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.