Modern workplace service desk
Software Engineer - Backend
The shift to on-demand expectations is the biggest change in the workplace in decades. Employees want immediate, convenient, and personalized access to the knowledge and services they need to get their job done.
Unlike traditional employee support tools, atSpoke was built specifically to power the on-demand workplace. atSpoke’s innovative design and AI gives employees what they need, where they need it, and when they need it, resulting in happier, more productive workplaces. And IT, HR and CS leaders get time back to work on the things that matter, and credit for the effort they’re putting into bringing their companies into the on-demand future.
We’re a Series B startup backed by Accel and Greylock, and have raised $28M in funding. Our HQ is located in South Park, San Francisco, and we have colleagues in New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, and other locations!
We are looking for exceptional engineers to join our team in San Francisco, NYC or remote. askSpoke is built on top of the MEAN (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node) stack. Expertise in these or other web languages (Python, PHP) and other NoSQL or relational databases is a huge plus.
- Build and ship new features and systems, with an emphasis on code quality, maintainability, readability, and testing.
- Scale web API methods and real-time chat services to handle 100K+ rpm.
- Understand and integrate with third party APIs (Slack APIs, Office 365, Google Apps, Atlassian APIs, SAML).
- Write and review code and technical designs. Onboard new engineers.
- Triage and fix bugs. Collaborate with others in troubleshooting and addressing production issues.
- Develop expertise and own parts of the application, while working full-stack and cross-platform.
- Track record (3+ years professionally) of building large scale and high volume web applications.
- Experience with high-pace test-driven development and continuous integration environments.
- Experience using public cloud (GCP, AWS), docker containers, Kubernetes, CI/CD.
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Angular, Express, Flask, Django, Elastic, Spark, MongoDB, Cassandra or Redis.
- Ability to balance priorities while working alone or within a team.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up.
- Catered lunches every day (dinner is with family!). Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance for you and your dependents.
- 401(k) program.
- Gym membership of your choosing.
- Flexible vacation policy and paid parental leaves.
- Commuting benefits include transport allowance or parking in SF.
- If there’s something important to you that’s missing, we'll add it!
We're building a talented but humble team where everyone has the opportunity to have immediate impact. In addition to improving how companies of all sizes handle their everyday work, you will also help form the cultural foundation of the atSpoke team. If this sounds like your kind of challenge, we want to hear from you!
Comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance for you and your dependents.
Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up.
Flexible vacation policy and paid parental leaves.
Catered lunches every day (dinner is with family!). fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.
Gym membership of your choosing.
Commuting benefits include transport allowance or parking in sf.
atSpoke at a glance
atSpoke focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Atlanta, and Gurgaon. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, atSpoke has raised $28M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2017.