A venture fund that founds and funds companies
Community Partnerships Manager
At Terminal we build skilled remote engineering teams for the top companies in tech. More than just recruiting, Terminal takes care of everything remote teams need to thrive, from little things like managing office logistics to big things like benefits, legal, and community. We identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We exist because we just don't believe that geographical barriers should get in the way of putting the best people at the best companies and helping them thrive. Backed by top venture capital firms, Terminal is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Guadalajara and rapidly expanding into new geographies.
As the first Community Partner Manager you will conceptualize and develop the partnerships and community strategy at a foundational level for Mexico. You will define and execute our community development strategy and key parts of our programming while building strong relationships inside and outside of the office. You will focus on a regionalized approach and pay particular attention to building awareness of Terminal with the Mexican technical engineering community. You will be responsible for creating events programs tied to our local events strategy and also collaborate on new concepts that will resonate in Mexico.
You will report into the Director of Partnerships and Community as a part of our global marketing team while also working closely with our expansion and recruiting teams based out of our Guadalajara office to ensure that we exceed our goals in Mexico.
What you will do:
- *Conceptualize, design and deliver programs and events designed to build software developer capacity and community in Mexico which may include: *
- Research, identify, recommend and establish relationships with organizations, educational institutions and engineering communities across Mexico
- Creating a playbook for community engagement and establishing key performance indicators to measure and improve upon our success
- Track, manage and measure all aspects of your partner programs and community events, including our cultural and social programming
- Develop a strong understanding of the open roles at Terminal with a particular focus on our partners and the various open roles we are bringing to market
- Identify new groups of potential talent pools to target in new outreach in collaboration with Terminal’s Director of Partnerships and the team in Mexico
- Help plan and execute key events relevant to engineering communities while working cross-functionally as a part of a larger global and local Terminal team
- Raise awareness and promote our ongoing education series and tech talks
- Nurture and email to your regional audience to drive further engagement
- Work closely with our Field Marketing Manager to develop partner programs and develop co-marketing programs with regional partners
- Represent Terminal at a variety of events to provide awareness of our community, opportunities and garner interest from engineers and tech leaders
- Manage and balance regional partner budget and spend
What we are looking for:
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience with startups, fast-paced environments and thriving on change
- Exceptional communication skills including written, verbal and presentation
- Strong attention to details with a clear bias toward action and results
- Resourceful self-starter willing to do whatever it takes get things done
- A belief that talent is universal but opportunity is not and a willingness to work with our team to help democratize access to exciting jobs in tech
- Track record of cultivating relationships with various types of organizations and thrive on building strong and diverse sets of relationships
- A local connector with a strong and relevant network in Mexico across the tech community and with engineering communities in particular
- Keen student of experiments, iteration, and trying new things with an interest in becoming a global connector of talent and amazing companies
- Understanding that this isn’t a typical job and you will have a propensity to be a self-directed, self-starter, while never losing sight of Terminal’s vision/mission.
What you will get
- Competitive compensation, equity and benefits
- An early spot at a fast-growing company that is changing the future of work, talent acquisition and growing companies
- Exposure to early-stage companies; You will help ensure a team is successful for the next big thing
- A tight-knit team, a beautiful workspace and the responsibility and freedom to improve on the process
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.