A venture fund that founds and funds companies.
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission on places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating natural disasters.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and with over $50M funding from Google Ventures, Thrive, Khosla and more, we are rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
We are looking for a rockstar Office Manager to work with us at our Santa Monica office. The role will be a hybrid of an office manager and administrative assistant, supporting our VP of Construction Services and the team. They will report into the CEO’s Executive Business Partner.
This person will be a critical member of the team, keeping the daily functions and systems of our busy, high growth, faced-paced office in smooth working order. The office manager must be upbeat and friendly with a ‘can do’ attitude. They are good on the fly, love to support and serve multiple kinds of people in the field/office, and can interface with our clients in a genuine way.
- Running a smooth, efficient and fun office! This includes office-related tasks (i.e. managing incoming calls, mail, office moves, errands, coordination with vendors, etc.) and being the office “go-to”/owner for all staff.
- Greeting clients, candidates and anyone that comes through our door with a smile.
- Purchasing and maintaining inventory of food/snacks/beverages for the kitchen.
- Purchasing and maintaining inventory of office equipment, supplies + swag.
- Managing IT for the office (troubleshooting and trying to address any IT issues, ensuring all tech is working correctly, etc.).
- Managing vendor, supplier and building management contracts and relationships.
- Act as POC for recruiting in the office by providing an overall good candidate experience for potential new hires.
- Onboarding of new hires.
- Acting as the office culture carrier and helping maintain strong team morale.
- Planning events for the team (team lunches, birthdays, happy hours, offsites, etc.).
- Calendaring, meeting management, managing expenses and booking travel for our VP of Construction Services and Head of Construction, as needed (~45% of your time).
- Act as POC for our space in the Regus (coworking space in Malibu).
- Partnering with the Executive Business Partner on special projects.
- Directing and oversight of visits by team members of other offices.
- Responsible for managing parking contract with nearby lot + coordination.
Skills + Experience:
- 2-3 years experience managing an office or in an administrative role. Experience in an office manager/administrative assistant hybrid role is preferred!
- Have working knowledge of Google business applications, including Gmail, GCalendar, Google Drive, and Google Docs
- Ability to multi-task and juggle many things at once while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Tech savvy; comfortable using tech/IT tools to manage tasks and communications with the team and managing IT for the office. Basic understanding and experience in GSuite and Slack a plus!
- Comfortable working within/managing a budget.
- Basic event planning and coordination.
Who You Are:
- Friendly, personable and gets along with many different personality types.
- Flexible and excited to work on whatever will drive a better, happier office morale and culture.
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed.
- Forward thinker with the desire to innovate and explore new methods.
- Get sh*t done attitude, tenacious and willing to do whatever it takes.
- Emotionally intelligent.
- Willing to tackle the big and the small; always solution oriented.
- Excited to work at a high growth company, where everyday brings new challenges.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.