A venture fund that founds and funds companies
Field Marketing Manager
Terminal is a Remote Teams company that helps growing tech companies hire the engineers they need to scale. By building remote development teams and supporting the entire employee experience—from providing premium shared workspaces to fostering community—Terminal offers a simple way for business leaders to focus on what matters most: build great products. Founded in 2017, Terminal is backed by 8VC, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Thiel Capital, and Atomic. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California and has offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto and Guadalajara.
Terminal is seeking a Field Marketing Manager to develop the marketing strategy and launch programs targeted to build awareness of Terminal with the Mexican technical engineering audience. You will play an active role in ensuring that global marketing programs are regionalized for your market, own the local events strategy, and also come up with net-new programs that will resonate specifically in Mexico. You will report into the Director of Field Marketing based in our San Francisco headquarters and work with the global marketing team, but work closely with our expansion and recruiting teams based out of our Guadalajara office to ensure that we exceed our goals.
- Deliver marketing programs to drive awareness of Terminal in the Mexican developer community. These integrated marketing programs may include:
- Events and conferences: Plan and execute the end-to-end process for Terminal’s presence at Mexican conferences/trade-shows, including selecting events aligned to company strategy; organizing giveaways and creative production; communicating with staff and attendees; attending events and overseeing set-up and take-down; implementing pre- and post-event outreach; ensuring streamlined event operations and follow-up; and maintaining on-brand execution.
- Initiate, test, and evaluate other types of events to build brand awareness and generate leads, such as road shows, meetups, happy hours, etc.
- Digital programs and social media: experiment with sponsorship for various websites and communities, regional social media execution
- Nurture and email to your regional audience to drive further engagement
- Greenfield programs: targeting new contact acquisition
- Partner Marketing programs: identify build/execute partner co-marketing programs into regional marketing plans
- Communicate regional and vertical trends to HQ to modify overall strategy, messaging, content
- Track, manage and measure all aspects of your marketing programs and events
- Manage and balance regional field marketing budget and spend
- Work cross-functionally to launch internal events such as sales incentive programs, internal training and education programs, and company gatherings to promote positive team culture
- Experience marketing to an engineering audience preferred
- Proven success in executing programs that drive demand, acceleration and return
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams to generate pipeline and drive the business
- Comfortable with day-to-day execution and longer-term planning
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Experience building plans, communicating requirements, and working with Design and Development teams to get your programs launched
- SalesForce.com and marketing automation experience
- Travel, as needed, mainly within Guadalajara and Mexico City. Occasionally to the US or Canada.
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience in event program management and logistics, including proven success in managing external vendors and suppliers (hotels, catering, freight)
- Strong communication, negotiation, and budget-management skills, with the ability to work across all levels of an organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and manage multiple concurrent project demands within established timelines
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.