A venture fund that founds and funds companies.
Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
At Terminal, we build skilled remote engineering teams for the top companies in tech. More than just recruiting, Terminal takes care of everything remote teams need to thrive – from little things like managing office logistics to big things like benefits, legal, and community. We identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We exist because we just don't believe that geographical barriers should get in the way of putting the best people at the best companies and helping them thrive. Backed by top venture firms, Terminal is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Guadalajara and rapidly expanding into new geographies.
As a Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner at Terminal, you will help us find the highest quality candidates for our partners and our internal teams across a wide spectrum of technical skills and experience. You’ll create an exceptional candidate experience throughout every stage of the interview process. You will be part of our foundational recruiting team, helping to design the process that allows us to deliver quality at scale.
What You'll Do:
- Full-cycle recruitment of technical positions across multiple levels of seniority, multiple companies and multiple locations.
- Collaborate with clients, hiring managers, executives and existing teams to deeply understand hiring needs.
- Clearly articulate the value proposition of Terminal and each client company to candidates at all levels.
- Create and own a positive candidate experience.
- Represent the best candidates in the area to discerning clients; proactively provide candidates with the right information to help make the best decision for themselves.
- Leverage analytical skills, data, and tools to guide planning and execution against key business objectives.
- Build a scalable approach to process that can be refined for the unique culture of each client.
- Embody, as an ambassador, the values, mission, and story for Terminal.
What We Are Looking For:
- 7+ years experience in total recruiting at an early stage high growth company (startup) or fast paced and high quality agency.
- & 3+ years experience in a pure sourcing role at an early stage high growth company (startup)
- Ability to hire at the Director and Executive level all the way through entry-level individual contributors.
- Proven track record for assessing talent beyond matching keywords on a resume.
- Proven experience in managing a pipeline with a variety of roles and hiring managers
- Experience as a full cycle recruiter who isn’t afraid of sourcing.
- Understanding of the balance between urgency and thoughtfulness.
- A clear bias for action and results.
What You Have:
- Collaborative mindset - at Terminal we solve problems together and collaborate to get the best outcomes for our candidates and clients.
- Integrity - you are honest and trustworthy and invested in our mission to both help build exceptional teams and provide opportunities to high quality candidates.
- Resourcefulness - You adapt to changing priorities and are proactive in identifying, defining, and solving problems.
- Passion for building teams, growing careers, and inspiring people to do the best work of their lives in growing venture backed companies.
- Exceptional communications skills: written and verbal.
What you’ll get:
- An early spot at a fast growing company that is changing the future of work, talent and growing companies.
- Exposure to early stage companies; you can help build a team for the next big thing.
- Potentially a huge level up in your experience. We’ll make sure you see a lot of growth in your skill set.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, equity, and salary.
- A tight-knit team, a beautiful workspace and the responsibility and freedom to improve on the process.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.