A venture fund that founds and funds companies.
Social Media Marketing Specialist
Terminal is a Remote Teams company that helps growing tech companies hire the engineers they need to scale. By building remote development teams and supporting the entire employee experience—from providing premium shared workspaces to fostering community—Terminal offers a simple way for business leaders to focus on what matters most: build great products. Founded in 2017, Terminal is backed by 8VC, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Thiel Capital, and Atomic. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California and has offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto and Guadalajara.
As Terminal’s Social Media Marketing Specialist, you are the front line of engagement with our many audiences across our social media platforms. We have offices located in multiple countries with more to follow - so building a global social media voice that is cohesive with the Terminal brand but can also be targeted to highlight the intricacies and knowledge of each office market is no small feat. By partnering cross-functionally with members of our marketing, business development, recruiting, and on-the-ground operations teams - you will create and grow a pipeline of articles, stories, thought leadership, photos, videos, and more that work together to highlight what Terminal stands for as a company and our leadership in the future of work as well as our knowledge of the engineering ecosystem and how we’re transforming members lives.
What You'll Do:
- Define and execute Terminal’s social media strategy, analyzing current channels and profiling audiences to tailor an approach that is designed to maximize followership and engagement
- Through curation and creation, identify key topic themes and build a calendar for social media content that aligns with events, launches, and campaigns, but also leaves room for conversation and proactive engagement
- Identify and target key influencers, figures, and organizations across existing and potential expansion markets to build engagement and rapport with
- Own the conversational voice of Terminal, aligning with Terminal brand guidelines
- Design creative social media campaigns and contribute to the Terminal blog to further our consumable content and grow followership
- Build Terminal’s social media guidelines, leading the rest of the organization on ways they can contribute to furthering our reach
- Report out on social media and regional performance metrics, honing in on key learnings and areas for optimization
What We Are Looking For:
- At least 2+ years of experience in social media, content marketing, comms or developer evangelism at an engineering-driven or remote-friendly business
- You don’t have to code, but you have familiarity with developer lingo and the software engineering ecosystem
- Enjoys working collaboratively and cross-functionally
- You are a creative problem solver that possesses strong written and visual communication skills
- Strong awareness of social media trends, emerging platforms, and best practices
- Comfortable and energized operating in a startup environment and passionate about the future of work
What You'll Get:
- An early spot at a fast-growing company that is changing the future of work, talent and growing companies
- Exposure to early-stage companies; You will help ensure a team is successful for the next big thing
- Competitive compensation, equity and benefits
- A tight-knit team, a beautiful workspace and the responsibility and freedom to improve on the process
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.