A venture fund that founds and funds companies.
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission on places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating natural disasters.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and with over $50M funding from Google Ventures, Thrive, Khosla and more, we are rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
Under the direction of the Design Studio Manager, Homebound’s Design Consultant conducts activities related to homeowner option/interior finish selections for custom homes throughout the North Bay (Santa Rosa, Sonoma and Napa) Marketplaces.
- Providing homeowners/clients a professional design experience that will allow them to select available options, discuss finishes and various upgrades to move the construction process forward.
- Helping homeowners select all final finishes for their homes and guiding them through the selection process. Processing selections and supporting diagrams within cutoff schedule timelines
- Assists with data entry and documents management
- Works with Design Studio Manager and vendors to correctly sample and display programs in showrooms. Maintains showroom and displays
- Attend sales and project manager meetings on behalf of the Design Center when manager is unavailable
- Maintain relationships with vendors to ensure the samples are refreshed and up to date in the showroom.
- 5+ years of experience working as an Interior Designer and/or Production Home Design Center Manager directing activities related to the operations of a custom home builder and working with homeowners directly to select material finishes, options, floor plan alternatives and communicating construction standards for high end residential development.
- Ability to communicate features, advantages/benefits associated with various upgrades, material characteristics, design standards, create color charts, sketches and prepare work orders as necessary for projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or related discipline.
- ASID registration is preferred but not required.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication abilities and understanding of most current design trends for residential construction.
Who You Are:
- You’re an outgoing, detail oriented, self-motivated design/construction professional committed to providing a quality homeowner experience.
- You have the ability to motivate and lead others and provide a positive and productive work environment in a fast-paced workplace.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.