A venture fund that founds and funds companies.
Manager of Marketing Operations and Analytics
Terminal is a Remote Teams company that helps growing tech companies hire the engineers they need to scale. By building remote development teams and supporting the entire employee experience—from providing premium shared workspaces to fostering community—Terminal offers a simple way for business leaders to focus on what matters most: build great products. Founded in 2017, Terminal is backed by 8VC, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Thiel Capital, and Atomic. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California and has offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto and Guadalajara.
As Terminal’s Manager of Marketing Operations and Analytics, you will be leading the charge on our go-to-market stack and helping to drive important business decisions through critical analytics. This is a unique opportunity to build and own the mechanics for both the traditional demand side of our business that targets clients regionally with an account-focused lens while also extending our worldwide reach with engineers and future Terminal members. In partnership with your Business Development and People Team business partners, you’ll take a look at our existing systems and execution with a critical eye, recommending a cohesive approach on how to optimize for scale and decision-making. You can speak lead and account scoring fluently and own a regular reporting cadence as well as design a system to support any ad hoc requests from the business. The ideal candidate is results-driven and has a constant eye towards optimization. You will report to the VP of Marketing who is based out of San Francisco.
What You'll Do:
- Define, maintain, and optimize scalable processes that are grounded in best practices for lead generation, lead and account scoring, nurture campaign design and execution, and lead routing
- Manage, monitor, select and improve Terminal’s marketing tools and lead the charge on how they integrate into other business systems for holistic processes and analytics
- Establish a marketing operations hub for the business to plug into, helping to support execution and consistency for all efforts both domestic and international
- Own CAN-SPAM, GDPR, and subscription center implementation and optimization
- Own production of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for marketing, analyzing data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization
- Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance
What We Are Looking For:
- At least 5 years of experience in marketing operations, business systems, or analytics - bonus points for experience with marketplace-based companies
- Deep familiarity with Salesforce, Marketing Automation, and marketing stacks
- Thorough awareness of modern marketing best practices and approaches
- Strong reporting and data analysis skills
- An excellent communicator with a passion for improving processes and delivering results
- Highly organized and autonomous, but also collaborative and able to work cross-functionally
- Comfortable and energized operating in a startup environment and passionate about the future of work
What You'll Get:
- An early spot at a fast-growing company that is changing the future of work, talent and growing companies
- Exposure to early-stage companies; You will help ensure a team is successful for the next big thing
- Competitive compensation, equity and benefits
- A tight-knit team, a beautiful workspace and the responsibility and freedom to improve on the process
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.