A venture fund that founds and funds companies.
Business Development Representative
At Terminal, we build skilled remote engineering teams for the top companies in tech. More than just recruiting, Terminal takes care of everything remote teams need to thrive – from little things like managing office logistics to big things like benefits, legal, and community. We identify emerging tech hubs around the globe and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We exist because we just don't believe that geographical barriers should get in the way of putting the best people at the best companies and helping them thrive. Backed by top venture firms like KPCB, Craft, Thiel Capital and more, Terminal is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Guadalajara and rapidly expanding into new geographies.
As Terminal’s first Business Development Representative, you will lead the efforts in new client business development and opportunity creation. You will be the first touchpoint for prospects and partners who are interested in learning more about Terminal and our remote teams solution. You will connect with prospects to deeply understand their pain-points, qualify opportunities, and provide the initial pitch of our solutions. You will work cross-functionally with marketing to identify the right leads and collaborate on campaigns. You will work closely with Business Development execs throughout the sales cycle.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an early business development team to help leading technology companies to launch and scale technical teams around the world. To succeed you will need to be tactful, resourceful, sharp, and relentless. You will have to have both the desire to create efficient business processes as well as a hunger for closing deals. You will have direct access to and collaborate with all members of the exec team as we build and expand this function in the organization.
What You Will Do
- Pioneer the Business Development Representative Function at Terminal
- Build an outbound strategy for engaging new client prospects using email, phone, events, and social
- Qualify opportunities and explain the Terminal solution to new prospects, including senior and C-suite executives in the tech industry
- Create a reliable and consistent lead funnel for our business development team and manage/maintain within Salesforce
- Collaborate with marketing on campaigns from ideation to execution, management and follow up
- Identify and create target company leads lists
What You Have
- 1-3 years of experience in a SDR or BDR role
- Prior success in consistently achieving/beating outbound quota
- Strong familiarity with Salesforce and inbound/outbound tools
- Passion for the startups and desire to understand the startup and VC ecosystem
- Unafraid to dive into the data to understand funnel performance
- Overall team player that brings energy and a positive attitude to the workplace
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and strong professional presence
- Process-minded with the ability to make continuous improvements for any given task
- A startup mentality as a resourceful self-starter with clear bias for action and results
What You'll Get
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven, fast-paced, and well-funded startup
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life and disability insurance, 401k plan, and meaningful equity
- Open vacation policy and flexible schedule
- Team outings and happy hours
- Company off-sites and much more!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.