A venture fund that founds and funds companies.
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission on places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating natural disasters.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and with over $50M funding from Google Ventures, Thrive, Khosla and more, we are rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
As a member of the Purchasing Team, the Purchasing Manager will Procure labor & Materials at the appropriate quality, lowest price and within an acceptable time frame. The role reports to the Head of Construction for the market and works closely with other Construction Operations departments. All local market Purchasing Managers are part of a larger Central Purchasing department.
- _ Sales Support: _
- Attend project site visit to help determine project scope
- Work with estimating to provide a budget price range for the PreCon meeting
Participate in contract pricing meeting with clients
_ Purchasing: _
Work with the PreCon department and estimating to build estimates and budgets for all new projects
Distribute RFPs with accurate scopes of work
Execute Master Contracts (MSA), Project Specific Agreements (PSA), and Scopes of Work in cooperation with other construction team members
Qualify all proposals to ensure bids are accurate and are in compliance with the scope of work, design package and architectural plans
Negotiate prices, terms, time frames and award contracts in coordination with the project team
Maintain budget templates and scopes of work for projects
Work with the concierge (project managers) and area managers to maintain flow of information to and from the field
Assist in recruiting new qualified, subcontractors and suppliers, in addition to maintaining and improving relationships with existing builder network and suppliers
Assist with the creation of purchasing procedures as needed
Prepares/processes contractual documents and Purchase Orders
Investigates research and resolves problem billing and/or missing paperwork for builders
_ Construction Support: _
Scheduling support for Area Managers
Assist project personnel with and job cost coding
Be a resource for trade partners and colleagues
Assist with management of plans and engineering
Assist buyer design studio with upgrade bidding, scheduling, and purchasing, as needed
_ Records Retention: _
Assist with job files for each home, including options, permit cards, plans, etc
Assist with vendor files including licensing and W9
Assist with insurance records retention and compliance
_ Executive Support: _
Lead vertical budget meetings
Assist with CoConstruct program
_ Ad Hoc: _
Permits and scheduling support
Ad hoc reporting
- Custom home building experience - ground-up (Required)
- Construction: 3 years (Required)
- Materials management: 3+ years (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 5+ years (Preferred)
- Must have construction experience and know of how to read plans and use MS Excel. Sage 100 estimating software and CoConstruct knowledge is a plus.
- Business acumen including understanding the impact of purchasing costs on income statements, balance sheets, and cost structures
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business Administration and/or related industry construction purchasing experience.
- Experienced with managing cost estimates, material selections, budgets, schedules, work proposals and contracts related to custom homes and/or production residential developments.
- Must have the skills and abilities to assess contractor capabilities, evaluation building products, material suppliers, review plans, perform takeoffs, value engineer, develop estimates, construction schedules and proposals on a regional basis.
- Experience negotiating custom home contracts
- Some experience purchasing for high-volume home builders helpful
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with the Google Suite preferred
- Ability to work in continuous improvement environment
Who you are:
- Forward thinker with the desire to innovate and explore new methods
- Get sh*t done attitude, tenacious and willing to do whatever it takes
- Emotionally intelligent
- Flexible, and excited to work on whatever will drive biggest immediate results against what the company currently needs
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed
- Willing to tackle the big and the small
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.