A venture fund that founds and funds companies
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission on places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating natural disasters.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and with over $50M funding from Google Ventures, Thrive, Khosla and more, we are rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
We are looking for a custom home estimator to assist our purchasing department with pricing single family residential projects throughout California. This is an exceptional opportunity for a professional estimator or general contractor/project manager looking to work within a highly talented construction operations group.
- Develop and refine pricing models for a new homebuilding model
- Perform 6-12 fixed price estimates per week to support sales team
- Support our design team with pricing updates during pre construction process
- Help improve estimating deliverables with the use of new technologies
What You Have Done In Your Career:
- 10+ years of experience working as an estimator/project manager with at least 5+ years of experience in an estimating capacity
- Experience in performing all related estimating activities; review all contracts/bids, perform quantity take-offs, cost estimates, determine value-engineering, establish conceptual estimates, develop scopes of work, budgets and interact with clients to achieve project awards on custom single family residential projects throughout California.
- Certification as a Professional Estimator (CPE) desired, but not required.
- Sage or other construction estimating software experience required.
- Competency with Planswift or other takeoff software
- Accurately predict structural and civil requirements from conceptual plans
- Identify and communicate potential value engineering items
- Using historical data create and maintain historical pricing
- Review job at close to identify causation of variances from budget to actual
- Maintain records of progress estimates from conceptual to final
- Demonstrate technical writing skill commensurate with trade knowledge to develop scope of work, plan clarifications, requests for proposal and to communicate requests for information to clients, architects and engineers
What You Know:
- How to build a home from the ground up
- The importance of accurate scopes of work for all trades
- How to estimate horizontal construction (nice to know)
- That collaborating is an important aspect of estimating
Who You Are:
- A team player who believes in company culture first
- Get sh*t done tenacious attitude
- Logical, measured and can solve any problem you put in front of them in a way that gets others excited to help
- Relentless focus on accurate results
- Continuous optimizer - always looking for ways to make things better, faster, more efficient
- Flexible, and excited to work on whatever will drive biggest immediate results against what the company currently needs
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed
- Willing to tackle the big and the small
What Success Looks Like In 6 Months:
- Fully understand Homebound’s estimating methods and philosophy
- Ability to prioritize work based on product type and delivery schedules
- Working seamlessly within all Homebound departments to provide timely deliverables
- Completed 50+ estimates of varying types
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.