K12 AI-driven Online Learning Platform
Atom Learning, one of the UK’s fastest growing education technology startups, is hiring for Full-Stack Java Script Developers.
Atom Learning is an online learning platform that is making education fairer. We want to provide all children whatever their background and wherever they are in the world with an affordable, high-quality education. To achieve our goal, we are combining exceptional teacher-made content with machine learning to keep students on their optimal learning paths.
Atom Learning is growing rapidly with hundreds of schools in the UK and abroad using the platform and thousands of independent subscribers. We have partnered with one of the largest global publishing houses with distribution into thousands of schools in the UK and abroad; we are in talks with national governments to develop their digital learning strategies; and we’re just getting started!
We are ranked one of the UK’s top 100 startups by Startups100, are a finalist for the AI Award in the Lloyds Bank Business Awards, won the Best AI-based Solution for Education in the AI Breakthrough Awards, were a finalist in the Education Investor awards 2018 and Amazon Growing Business Awards 2018 as Young Company of the Year.
We are a growing team of 30 with offices in Soho; we have big ambitions and anticipate being a team of at least 60 in a year’s time.
You will join the tech team at our offices in Soho, London. You will join a team that is growing rapidly over the next 12 months. You will shape and influence our technologies and have significant input into technological and commercial decision making. You will report directly to the CTO and you will work closely with the product team, providing a technical perspective to the development of new and existing features.
The tech team moves fast, using Agile methodology to continuously add new features and deploy them down the CD pipeline. There will be significant opportunities to learn new technologies with Atom, and we encourage everyone to spend time developing their own personal and professional skillset.
• NodeJS (Express)
• React, JSX, CSS
• RESTful API design and interaction
• Working with relational data structures
• Git (Bitbucket), JIRA
• Building and maintaining Jenkins pipelines
• Infrastructure architecture & networking
• DBA experience
• Interest in python for data science and machine learning
• TensorFlow or PyTorch
What we offer:
• Competitive compensation;
• Full auto-enrollment workplace pension;
• High degree of autonomy and opportunity to become an integral member of a fast growing start up;
• Huge learning opportunities from experienced developers as well as exposure to all business areas of a start up;
• Opportunity to learn new technologies, including machine learning;
• Frequent team dinners and drinks;
• Office in Soho;
• 28 days holiday + bank holidays.
Atom Learning at a glance
Atom Learning focuses on Education Technology. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://atomlearning.co.uk