Improve your collaborations. amplify and reinforce teams and projects through software
Sr. Marketing Data Scientist
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Do you have a passion for examining complex data and turning it into useful information and insights? Do you love finding the next big ‘aha’ insight which changes the way a business thinks about their customers? Would you like to drive real change with global impact at the world's hottest SaaS company? Atlassian is a fast-paced work environment and there are plentiful chances to create impact!
Atlassian is looking for a data scientist to join our Marketing Analytics team. The ideal candidate has strong business instincts and analytics mastery, and is passionate about applying these skills to drive smarter data decisions and ultimately, delight our customers.
IN THIS ROLE YOU’LL GET TO:
- Work with analytics and data engineering leaders to identify and drive data quality standard methodologies and consistency that align analytics & data science priorities to a data quality strategy and roadmap
- Play with our seriously large volume of analytics data to understand insightful trends and employ these insights to intelligently improve our data quality frameworks and roadmap prioritization
- Gain a broad understanding of how Atlassian defines success and directly influences forecasting models
- Advocate for analytics and product marketing specialists needs
- Envision, scope, and execute projects by collaborating with partners, data engineers and other analysts
- Cultivate an outstanding analytics environment, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners trust data to make decisions
ON THE FIRST DAY, WE'LL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE
- 5 + years experience applying your analytics experience to drive projects which have had shown impact to strategic decisions.
- Ability to explain sophisticated concepts to diverse audiences, and crafting compelling stories
- An agile development approach, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement. A very high bar for output quality, while balancing “having something now" vs. "perfection in the future"
- Expertise in data manipulation and statistical programming languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python), and knowledge of cloud data environments (e.g. AWS)
- Strength in one or more visualisation tools (Tableau, R-Shiny, etc)
- An understanding of the SaaS development, business model and metrics
- Familiarity working with Product Management, Engineering, Design, Customer Research and Data Engineering teams
- A degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or computer science)
IT'S GREAT, BUT NOT REQUIRED, IF YOU HAVE:
- Previously worked in global teams and high growth companies
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun!
Atlassian at a glance
Atlassian focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Project Management, Collaboration, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Austin, Boston, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Atlassian has raised $210M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2014.