Improve your collaborations. amplify and reinforce teams and projects through software
Technical Product Marketing Manager
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Role may be based out of San Francisco, CA or Remote
Atlassian is looking for a Technical Product Marketing Manager to drive the vision and strategy for how we tell stories using our DevOps products with our core audience of IT and developers. In this role you'll have an opportunity to directly impact the growth of some of the most widely used software development tools in the world. You have a sharp eye for unexplored growth opportunities and the idea of translating technical product capabilities into business benefits gets you up in the morning. As a key member of our DevOps organization, you will deliver highly visible content, both internally and externally, to be consumed by millions of active users and potential users. This is your career defining opportunity to help produce and market a suite of software products vital to high-functioning software teams.
What you'll do:
- Develop technical content: Create content to educate developer and IT prospects and customers about our solutions, as well as excite, motivate, and inspire them to use Atlassian products to build better software.
- Plan and manage product launches that will drive trials, create buzz, and grow our brand
- Work cross functionally with product managers, development, and other marketing team members to craft product positioning and messaging for new feature or product launches
- Design and execute high visibility campaigns to drive new interest in our products and accelerate customer growth
- Keep a vigilant eye on the software development market for problems and market opportunities in DevOps
- Engage in customer research and complete competitive intelligence reports that can be used to drive the perfect messaging by persona
- Propose, test and implement improvements to increase conversion rate at every stage of the sales funnel
What you need to bring:
- Experience: 2 years of B2B product marketing experience in a high growth software company and a proven track record of success with technical content strategy and creation
- Software chops: 2-3 years of experience working closely with, or as an embedded team member of, a software development team - preferably a team that was well versed in Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Entrepreneurial Zeal: From leading a creative brainstorm to staying up on the newest growth hacking techniques, the ability to think outside the box and tackle problems you haven't encountered before is a must
- Charisma: You will need to influence cross-functional teams and get them excited about and invested in your projects and campaigns
- Decision Making Ability: Deftness in prioritizing among competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities, and articulating the rationale behind decisions to other stakeholders
Proven Excellence in:- Written and verbal communication
- Creativity and problem solving ability
- BS/BA degree, CS experience preferred
What we'll be bringing:
- Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
Who you'll be working with:
- You'll enjoy working in a fun, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment with sharp people on a like-minded mission. We take pride in playing as a team and contributing to the success of the company by throwing our combined weight behind the continued exponential growth of our products. The team you'll be working with appreciates data-driven discussions, candid feedback, genuine empathy, and a passion for pushing the envelope. We care deeply about the products, but even more so about one another, and truly believe that as a team there is nothing we cannot accomplish. If you're interested in joining the ranks of a hungry product marketing team that's determined to raise the bar and create one-of-a-kind experiences for our users, then we've been waiting for you.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun!
Atlassian at a glance
Atlassian focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Project Management, Collaboration, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Austin, Boston, and Mountain View. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Atlassian has raised $210M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2014.