Senior Technical Product Manager, Personal Finance
About the Position
A chance to play a very strategic role at the company by creating new product experiences to solve users financial problems and drive company goals. You will be building experiences for users facing the most stressful financial decision of their lives, and help them achieve their financial goals.
What you will do:
- Drive the Assurance Personal Finance platform’s vision and roadmap, with an understanding of how it fits into and contributes to overall company goals.
- Craft clear and compelling product requirements including business justification, revenue potential, and operational impact of new features.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a dedicated team of engineers, designers, marketers, and data scientists, as well as with partner teams and executives, to deliver successful features.
- Identify breakthrough innovations based on insights from quantitative and qualitative research, market analysis and experimentation to build differentiated products.
- Monitor product conversion, proactively identify opportunities and make actionable recommendations to drive growth.
- Manage and communicate project schedules, goals, and dependencies, drive cross-functional initiatives, and regularly represent status to senior leadership.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following:
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and demanding environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritizing time and resources based on business impact.
- Highly analytical, data-driven mindset; holds self and others accountable with measurable ROI-oriented KPIs.
- Strong ability to bring teams together to unblock, solve problems, and drive progress. You aren’t afraid of topics and challenges you haven’t encountered before.
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit. You have experimented to find product market fit and scaled products that have found fit.
- Experience understanding and driving the metrics of a web product flow.
- Financial industry expertise preferred (consumer banking or personal finance).
What Assurance Offers
At Assurance, we strive for audacious goals, and we’re relentless in our pursuit to be the very best we can be, personally and professionally. Our benefits program is intended to enable every Assurance employee to be the best version of themselves. Our culture clears the way for you to challenge yourself and achieve the impossible. Learn more about what makes Assurance
Trust and Autonomy
At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise. We find that brilliant people, given this freedom and trust, will collaborate to build far more amazing things than they could ever be directed to create.
Drive to Innovate
We don't settle for the status quo – we're a team of innovators who believe that there’s almost always a better way. We operate on first principles – we challenge commonly held assumptions to create new and better solutions from scratch. In our short history we’ve made a lot progress with this mentality, launching new business lines and innovative products constantly. Following our historic acquisition by Prudential, we have more support than ever to innovate and change the world of insurance and financial services.
We leave ego at the door and work together to uncover the truth. We prioritize what is best for the whole and avoid focusing on what is best for the individual. We all care about achieving goals more than looking good, and we're eager to constantly be learning from each other.
Flexible Working Environment
Your schedule and working hours are up to you at Assurance. We care more about results than when and where you get your work done, and we find that a flexible schedule can help alleviate the stress of a rigid work-life balance.
Unlimited Time Off
We work hard, so it’s important that we take time to refresh and reset when we need it. We empower our employees to take the time that make sense for them.
Nutritional Snacks and Weekly Lunches
We encourage a healthy lifestyle for employees in all ways that we can, and we don’t want it to be tough to find sustenance when you’re hard at work! We provide healthy, nutritional snacks throughout our office, and outstanding local coffee. We also host a weekly lunch, featuring top local restaurants, to accompany our all-company meeting.
We want to make sure it’s easy for you to get to and from work, so we a provide free public transportation or greatly subsidized parking close to our office.
From the beginning, our founders believed that beautiful, open, inspiring spaces lead to energy and creativity. We seek beautiful office spaces in all of our locations, and in 2020 we’ll be taking occupancy of a stunning new office on the top two floors of Madison Center in downtown Seattle – this space features floor to ceiling windows with stunning 360 degree views of the Puget Sound, and an exclusive private rooftop deck.
Competitive Health Benefits
Access to high quality healthcare is core to our business, and we care that our employees don’t have to worry about visiting a doctor. All employees receive competitive health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
Choice of High-End Equipment
We want to make sure you’re empowered to create amazing things. We give new employees the option of a variety of high-end computers and accessories.
We believe in the importance of investing in yourself in a variety of ways, including financially. We offer a strong 401k plan, with options to invest in traditional, Roth, and after-tax options, all backed by a best-in-class platform from Prudential.
ASSURANCE IQ at a glance
ASSURANCE IQ focuses on Insurance. Their company has offices in Seattle and Bellevue. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at https://assurance.com/