Empower your team
Senior Product Designer$90k – $150k • 0.0% – 0.01%
We are looking for our very first designer, a Senior Product Designer to join our team and contribute to the evolving Assembly product offering. This person will report directly to our Cofounder/CPO. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in shaping the direction and trajectory of a new product. You will be collaborating with a cross-disciplinary team (Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts, QAs) in all phases of design from discovery to execution.
Assembly is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our peer to peer recognition and engagement platform offers organizations and teams a better way to work and engage. We are committed to solve all upstream problems organizations and teams face; employee churn, low productivity, alignment issues, and more! We are helping employees and employers build better places to work, and we're hiring! We are seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our Los Angeles team to help us build and deliver excellent, user-first products via rapid iterations and user tested/validated.
If you’re on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- Take the lead to think holistically about complex systems, empathize with customers, and understand the business goals to create compelling and effective user experiences
- Process-oriented but agile: the ability to quickly translate requirements into designs that are both functional and beautiful
- Proficiency in insight-driven decision making (from data and user behavior)
- Master design foundation in both UI (interaction, visual) and UX (user research, analysis, information architecture, wireframing)
- Master of product/design thinking skills
- Solid design system experience
- Ability to both provide and receive design criticism constructively, and appreciation for its importance within the design process
- A portfolio demonstrating a clean visual aesthetic and strong eye for detail
- Proficiency designing for multiple devices and platforms
- 5+ years experience shipping products used by hundreds of thousands
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proactive approach
- Master in current design software (Figma, Creative Suite, Invision, Principle, Framer, etc), we use Figma
- Coach younger designers as we hire them
- This role will quickly become a leader and we need someone comfortable eventually leading a team of designers
- Lives and breathes design!
Bonus Points For:
- Experience designing either Enterprise or HR Tech products
- Experience designing mobile apps on both iOS and Android
- UX Writing
At Assembly, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Assembly is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.