Empower your team
Senior Software Engineer (Backend Focus)$100k – $150k • 0.0% – 0.02%
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join Assembly. This person will be our first engineering hire in the US and report directly to our CTO. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you'll take ownership of all product features and develop end to end solutions that are deployed into our production system. You can expect to work with a cross disciplinary team including front end engineers, backend engineers, quality assurance and product management to enhance existing product features and build new ones. Your contribution will help enhance the work experience in our customer’s organizations by enabling employees to praise and congratulate one another for their hard work.
Assembly is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our peer to peer recognition and engagement platform offers organizations and teams a better way to work and engage. We are committed to solve all upstream problems organizations and teams face; employee churn, low productivity, alignment issues, and more! We are helping employees and employers build better places to work, and we're hiring! We are seeking Senior Software Engineers to join our Los Angeles team to help us build and deliver excellent, user-first products via rapid iterations and peer review.
If you’re on the fence about whether you meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply!
- You lint all your code or know you should
- You know what parts of your code require tests and you write those tests
- You know how to use a framework to create robust and reliable HTTP-based APIs
- You have built monitoring and alerting for your production systems
- You have deployed to staging environments before production
- You are willing and able to deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain your systems in production
- You’ve architected with both SQL and NoSQL data stores; we use MongoDB
- Experience with streaming platforms (PubSub, Kafka, Kinesis) and near-real-time data pipelines
- Comfortable building and maintaining data infrastructure in the cloud; we use AWS
In this role, you’ll:
- Design, build and operate Assembly’s apis with a focus on performance and reliability
- Participate in new feature development for Assembly’s engineers to interact with our backend data architecture
- Evaluate storage technologies and methodologies with an eye toward scalability and performance
- Architect, design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative environment with 2-5 other software engineers.
- Leverage your peers as multipliers for your skills to create excellent products and services for Assembly’s members
- Help to design, implement, and maintain data pipelines that process millions of messages per day
- Work closely with a product managers on product requirements and translating those requirements to technical solutions
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with AWS, Git, Golang, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with a distributed NoSQL platform like MongoDB
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, or other “Big Data” systems
At Assembly, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Assembly is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.