Tools to program living cells
Sr. Software Engineer$70k – $120k • 0.01% – 0.1%
At Asimov, we care deeply about every engineer’s autonomy, emphasizing quality of analysis, design, and testing over arbitrary deadlines. We have built a cross-functional organization and believe strongly in cross pollination: taking time to learn from our peers.
As our user interface technical lead you will have the opportunity to:
* Build reactive, web-based navigation of our genetically-engineered product offerings including those for genetic circuit design, genetic parts catalog navigation, molecular debugging, and biophysical modeling
* Partner with machine learners to architect interfaces for intuitive interactions between humans and artificial intelligence systems
* Define the standards, processes and portfolio that will drive UI engineering and design growth over the coming years
* Create aesthetically striking and scientifically-accurate visualizations of engineered genetic and cellular systems for product pages, presentations, and blog posts
* A single-page application (SPA) framework such as React
* Package management tools such as npm or yarn
* Integration with REST and GraphQL APIs
* Testing frameworks and strategies
* Exposure to a back-end servers such as node.js
You are interested in design and able to bridge the gap between technical audiences and stunning visualizations. You are passionate about joining an early stage startup where autonomy, passion to learn and excitement to engineer biology take precedence over process and ego. If you have a background in genetics and cellular biology, great! If not, you have a strong passion to learn.
Asimov at a glance
Asimov focuses on Machine Learning, Synthetic Biology, and Software Engineering. Their company has offices in Boston. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Asimov has raised $4.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2017.
You can view their website at http://www.asimov.io