Developing a self-driving system built on trust
Test Engineer, Manufacturing Systems
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Manufacturing Systems Engineering team at Argo AI is responsible for building, delivering, and supporting Argo’s software releases to our engineering and manufacturing partners. You will be working with a highly cross-functional team of systems, software, and hardware engineers. As a Test Engineer on the Manufacturing Systems team, you will be responsible for supporting Argo’s Tier1 and OEM partners in the manufacturing and integration of Argo’s self-driving systems.
*What you’ll do: *
- Design and develop processes and tools for manufacturing environments.
- Define the software needed for the testing and manufacturing of sophisticated sensors and computing systems.
- Support the scaling of manufacturing systems through full product life cycles.
- Contribute to development of integration, testing, and validation software targeting a wide array of hardware used in Argo’s self-driving systems.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in test & manufacturing environments for embedded systems, including automated testing.
- Programming experience in at least one language such as Python or C++.
- A deep understanding of embedded systems fundamentals, including knowledge of protocols, interfaces, and software stacks commonly used in automotive, robotics, medical, or similar industries.
- Knowledge of software and associated frameworks in engineering/manufacturing environments for testing, verification/validation, change control, configuration/release management, etc.
- Experience with Hardware-in-Loop systems.
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience writing concise, clear, and detailed engineering documentation.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Open to travel to remote offices, test facilities, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners.
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup
401k with match
Lunch & snacks daily
Argo AI at a glance
Argo AI focuses on Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Transportation, and Hybrid Vehicles. Their company has offices in Miami, Palo Alto, Pittsburgh, Allen Park, and Granbury. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Argo AI has raised $1B of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2017.
You can view their website at https://www.argo.ai