Aquaculture meets machine learning
Open Application: San Francisco, USA
We're always looking for talented people, whether they're experienced in business, software, data analysis, biology, aquaculture, or something else entirely.
If you think your skills or experience will help us on our quest of bringing machine learning to the aquaculture industry, we'd love to talk to you.
Watch our TV episode with Amazon's CTO at a Norwegian fish farm here! https://youtu.be/YZ_qJ5JFD3I
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree equivalent in a relevant field.
- Interest in or work experience from aquaculture.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work across timezones.
- Enjoy excellent benefits, including equity in the company, a 401k program and paid lunch every day
- Evolve in a very fast-paced engineering environment with short development cycles
- Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days
- Get ideas, feedback, and suggestions from other best-in-their-field engineers
- Travel between SF and Norway
For an overview of Aquabyte, watch this documentary by Amazon's CTO https://youtu.be/YZ_qJ5JFD3I
Aquabyte's mission is to revolutionize the sustainability of aquaculture, the fastest growing sector of food production. By helping fish farming overtake livestock production, we aim to mitigate one of the biggest causes of climate change and prepare our planet for increasing population growth. Our team is driven by this mission, and believes that problem solving has never been so important.
Aquabyte is a private company headquartered in San Francisco, and is supported by NEA, Costanoa Ventures, and many others.
At Aquabyte, we admire interesting people with unique backgrounds. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy all the requirements. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Aquabyte at a glance
Aquabyte focuses on Information Technology, Information Services, Agriculture, and Aquaculture. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Bergen. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Aquabyte has raised $13.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.