Used furniture marketplace without the hassle (YC W14)
Customer Experience / Operations Associate$35k – $50k
AptDeco (YC W14) is a fast growing NYC based start up and looking for highly motivated, personable self starters to lead our efforts within customer experience - basically ensure the ship is running smoothly. At AptDeco, amazing service is our core. AptDeco is a marketplace for buying and selling quality preowned furniture with pick up and delivery built into the service. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a fast paced startup culture. This role is all about bringing AptDeco love to our users.
You'll be tasked with supporting our users with OMG-Amazing! service and inspiring a expanding user base to share the AptDeco experience. Internally, you’ll be part of a small but growing group of leaders in AptDeco’s Customer Experience team and will collaborate with teams throughout the company. You'll have great opportunities to develop & foster various skill sets:
• Customer relations – Tame upset customers and turn them into passionate evangelists. Respond to emails & support issues promptly.
• Social media – Monitor Twitter, Facebook and other relevant social media platforms and actively participate in discussions across communities, social networks & blogs.
• Customer development – Identify new ways to get the AptDeco experience in front of new users. Identify and engage community advocates who are equally passionate about making buying & selling used furniture a breeze.
• Product development – Work closely with our engineering and operations teams to streamline process and assist in intelligently scaling a vibrant business.
• Operations – Coordinate logistics between buyers, sellers and our delivery teams.
• At least one year of experience in a full-time position
• Experience in a customer service / technical support / operations environment with a desire to help people
• Demonstrated interest in and experience with the startups
• Comfortable with G Suite apps and Microsoft Excel
• Social media experience preferred
• Strong organizational, analytic, written, and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management skills and self-motivation
• College degree from an accredited 4 year institution strongly preferred
• A utility player – You’re priority is finding resolutions to customer issues early, late and often.
• Self-driven and motivated – You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily... You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited community of users; you are slightly obsessive about grinding away at issues.
• Solutions-oriented – You’re a problem solver. When presented with a challenge, you search for creative solutions before involving others.
• Naturally curious and adaptive – You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
• Fun!!! and empathetic – You’ve been described as a people person. You can talk to anyone in any situation. Your engagement makes the customer feel and know they are your top priority. You're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
• A confident communicator – You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You are the voice of AptDeco.