Used furniture marketplace without the hassle (YC W14)
Full-Stack Software Engineer$95k – $130k • 0.01% – 0.1%
AptDeco is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering team. Our marketplace has allowed tens of thousands of sellers to share and sell their furniture items in the NY Metro area, and our delivery service has added convenience to the second-hand market. Our challenge? Make it easier and faster to buy and sell items, as well as seamlessly handle pickup and delivery.
About the Team
We believe that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things. We believe in measuring everything, taking advantage of our pioneering continuous deployment system to ship code early and often, and a blameless culture based on trust and a commitment to learning. We believe in using the best tools for the job, and programming languages are a tool at the end of the day.
AptDeco (YC W14) is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling quality used furniture. We are making the exchange of home decor easy for everyone. Our customers love us because we take care of all the logistics on their behalf. We’re a fast growing NYC based startup. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the secondhand furniture industry. Moving is already stressful and we’re working everyday to ease this hassle for people across the NYC area and beyond.
About the Role
- You'll be helping us build delightful products and experiences for people buying and selling with AptDeco, and cutting edge logistics for furniture pick ups and deliveries. In the Full-Stack role, you will be contributing at all levels of our application stack. The team is small, so there's a lot of meaningful collaboration between engineers, product managers, and designers, as well as stakeholders in other departments.
- We believe strongly in using both quantitative and qualitative methods to guide decisions. To that end, you'll be able to use analytics tools to gather information and gain insights. You'll also be able to use our Continuous Deployment architecture to push code to production early and often (and you'll probably push in your first week here).
- Equipped with 4+ years of experience building customer-facing applications, and performant backend systems
- Are comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap
- Experience building highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems
- A creative thinker who designs and develops with empathy for users
- Passionate about developing features from concept to deployment
- A team player who’s comfortable defining and advocating for best practices and processes
- Experience with Elixir, or functional programming
- Experience with React
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Experience with Test-driven development
Interested in working with us? Send us a short paragraph about why you're best fit for the job and your resume. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.