Used furniture marketplace without the hassle (YC W14)
Senior Product Designer$90k – $140k • 0.05% – 0.2%
AptDeco is looking for full-time, Product Designer to join our small collaborative team creating a delightful experience for buying and selling used furniture online. You'll be working on everything from designing and building tools for our marketplace to building operational tools for our customer service and operations teams. In this role, you will work closely with the Founders, Operations, Marketing and Engineering teams to build simple, intuitive web and mobile experiences. Your primary focus will be on helping to drive the user experience for our buyers and sellers. You’ll be at the forefront of this fast moving team and making our customers happy will be your primary mission
- Lead product design efforts to help people sell their furniture and find the furniture they want easily.
- Help define our product strategy and roadmap
- Design simple experiences that support complex coordination between two busy individual, scheduling pickups/deliveries between buyers, sellers and delivery teams.
- Become intimately familiar with buyers, sellers, delivery teams, operations teams motivations
- Interview customers to get essential feedback to identify issues and improve future versions of ; this will be done in person and through remote testing.
- Deliver solutions from low to high fidelity (sketches to final asset delivery)
- Translate functional, interaction, and design requirements to developers verbally and through detailed documentation
- Work within an agile software development process
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Produce interactive prototypes
- You are a team player who rolls up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
- You gracefully solve problems under pressure while checking your ego at the door.
- You are known for fine-tuned aesthetics, amazing storytelling, a critical eye and an obsession with perfection.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, where communication and transparency are key.
- 5+ years designing exceptional experiences with a portfolio that showcases your ability to move fluidly between user experience design, interface design and visual design
- A passion for design and continual experimentation, iteration and optimization
- Ability to make sound design decisions with data and user testing as vital tools
- A thorough understanding of web and mobile platforms for e-commerce and/or marketplaces
- A strong visual aesthetic
- A strong sense of ownership
- Experience working with modern web frameworks
- Content strategy or copywriting and editing