The ai platform for modern finance teams
VP of Sales
AppZen delivers the world’s leading AI platform for modern finance teams. Starting with business spend, we automate manual process, uncover problems, and optimize decision making for enterprises around the globe, including one-fourth of the Fortune 500. Our platform combines patented deep learning, computer vision, and semantic analysis with intelligence from thousands of online data sources to understand financial transactions in business context and make decisions before those transactions happen. AppZen is a must have for CFOs and their teams to reduce spend, achieve compliance, and streamline process.
We’ve taken off this year! Since we released our platform in 2016, over 1,800 enterprises have standardized on AppZen, including three of the top ten banks, four of the top ten media companies, three of the top ten pharmaceutical manufacturers, two of the top five aerospace companies, and five of the top ten software providers. We were a Gartner Cool Vendor last year, have been recognized as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the market, and we just announced $50 million in Series C funding.
- Report directly to the CRO, provide leadership, development and execution support to the Regional Sales Directors to surpass revenue targets
- Assist and coach Account Executives and Sales Development Representative and Staff in all phases of the selling process to achieve agreed-upon targets and performance metrics
- Develop and implement best practices to maximize pipeline creation, customer conversion rates, forecasting accuracy, and cross-functional collaboration
- Collaborate with Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering, and Sales Development to accelerate sales cycles, generate new sales opportunities drive revenue through multiple channels
- Foster a culture of progressive personal development and mentoring of the Mid-Market and Enterprise Sales teams
- Operational excellence in the day-to-day management of the business, including, but not limited to forecasting, pipeline development, training, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing
- Initiate, develop and maintain executive level relationships and drive sales activities with key customers
- Understand target customer's business needs, develop proposals and accurately articulate AppZen's value proposition at the executive level
- Assist and close complex transactions and be willing to get into the trenches with the team
- 15+ years of software sales experience, and 5+ years of sales leadership as VP leading multiple sales teams greater than 30-40 sales reps.
- Track record of stability and tenure in multiple organizations
- History of overachieving targets in a SaaS, market leading technology
- Proven success scaling out multiple sales team
- Demonstrated ability to continuously increase effectiveness of team, recognizing opportunities for creating new systems, structures, and processes
- Strong knowledge of diverse industry reporting and dashboards and highly process orientated
- Demonstrated experience building a collaborative environment between sales, marketing, product and finance
- Strong executive presence - experience and comfort level working with C-level executives
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA preferred
Come as you are, we do not discriminate! We celebrate, support, and thrive upon our diverse customer and employee base.
AppZen at a glance
AppZen focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Accounting. Their company has offices in Silicon Valley, San Jose, and Tempe. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AppZen has raised $102.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.