The ai platform for modern finance teams
Director of Marketing Operations
AppZen delivers the world’s leading AI platform for modern finance teams. Starting with business spend, we automate manual process, uncover problems, and optimize decision making for enterprises around the globe, including one-fourth of the Fortune 500. Our platform combines patented deep learning, computer vision, and semantic analysis with intelligence from thousands of online data sources to understand financial transactions in business context and make decisions before those transactions happen. AppZen is a must have for CFOs and their teams to reduce spend, achieve compliance, and streamline process.
We’ve taken off this year! Since we released our platform in 2016, over 1,800 enterprises have standardized on AppZen, including three of the top ten banks, four of the top ten media companies, three of the top ten pharmaceutical manufacturers, two of the top five aerospace companies, and five of the top ten software providers. We were a Gartner Cool Vendor last year, have been recognized as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the market, and we just announced $50 million in Series C funding.
AppZen is seeking a Director of Marketing Operations to lead the development of scalable processes and programs to empower the marketing team to drive aggressive results. This is an amazing opportunity to define and build a marketing operations function that impacts the way AppZen markets and engages with our customers. This is a highly cross functional role requiring both strategic and tactical execution, strong program management, and the ability to drive strong and focused marketing practices while developing the Company marketing technology strategy. This role monitors overall marketing performance benchmarking against best in class.
You will have developed processes for high growth marketing organizations with exceptional problem-solving skills and an ability to work closely with marketing, sales, finance and technical stakeholders. You are a growth driver, someone who not only supports the needs of the team, but a person who thrives on identifying and chasing opportunities to accelerate the business.
What You Will be Doing:
- Create and maintain global live dashboards to report on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing database in partnership with operations and analytics teams
- Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance
- Identify, design, and execute new processes that enable marketers to be more effective in their day to day work, including executional excellence in data reliability, list uploads, campaign analysis, etc.
- Partner with demand generation team to set up and manage key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) used to generate, distribute, and report on pipeline growth
- Enable marketers to operate campaigns from inception → execution → measurement, with appropriate guardrails and systems for approvals
- Monitor and report on the effective flow of data through our systems, programs, and processes
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management
- Ensure full end to end lead management with the with Sales ops and manage and optimise the full lead journey including lead scoring, routing and efficient handovers to Sales
- Ongoing management of the marketing budget with budget owners in marketing and be the main point of contact with Finance to ensure budget is current and reconciled
- You will stay current on new best practices and technologies that will optimize marketings performance and give the business a competitive edge over others in the market
What You Should Have:
- 10+ years experience in marketing / operations / analytics / bizops or other quantitative roles
- Experience managing Marketing Ops process including lead management, database management, segmentation, and field mapping
- Works well with Sales Ops and Marketers to define and implement projects and campaigns
- Strong analytical skills. A love for working with data
- Strong SQL skills
- Proficiency in marketing automation systems (like Hubspot) and integrating those systems with other technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes
- Experience building a new function, including hiring and managing a team
Come as you are, we do not discriminate! We celebrate, support, and thrive upon our diverse customer and employee base.
AppZen at a glance
AppZen focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Accounting. Their company has offices in Silicon Valley, San Jose, and Tempe. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, AppZen has raised $102.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.