Award winning software suite to develop and operate scalable and reliable business applications
Solution Engineer$90k – $110k
As a Solution Engineer, you are responsible for defining and designing the architecture for new client initiatives. You lead workshops with clients, and work closely with colleagues from Customer Success and beyond to ensure client satisfaction with proposed solutions. You take user experience, system performance, the Appway product itself, and many other aspects into consideration when identifying the best technical solution to the set of complex requirements you are presented with. You have a solid engineering background, as well as the capacity to adapt swiftly to different business contexts. You are able to rapidly pick up clients’ vocabulary, and quickly understand their goals.
In this role you will become an expert in Appway, helping clients and fellow Appway developers solve intricate and challenging technical matters. As part of your job, you provide coaching and run troubleshooting sessions with clients and colleagues when a more in-depth understanding of the product is required. These sessions will often result in you needing to build prototypes or client-specific custom modules: the ability to execute hands-on assignments is therefore a must.
You will create collaterals and best practice guidelines based on your day-to-day experience with Appway. You will feed the Appway R&D department feature requests, bug reports, and ideas to help us improve the product, and steer the roadmap even closer to market needs.
Are you the perfect fit for Appway?
- You have a positive, “can-do” attitude and are dedicated to continuous improvement
- You are a fast learner, passionate about technology and software, and always looking forward to learn about new paradigms and techniques
- You are a great problem solver, able to analyze multiple options and pick the most suitable path
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills and do not shy away from customer interaction. You can present complex solutions within a customer-facing environment, using a communication style appropriate to the audience.
- You are organized, able to handle multiple assignments efficiently, and not fazed by rapid context-switching
- You like working on short-term assignments at short notice, rather than being involved in the same initiative for a longer timeframe
- You are ready and willing to support colleagues and clients in removing any roadblocks they are experiencing
- Master's degree or PhD in software engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent academic record or professional certifications that demonstrate your ability to learn quickly
- 2+ years of experience in a hands-on, deeply technical, software development role
- 1+ years of experience as a software architect, with responsibility for designing the architecture for at least one project
- Experience in at least one large enterprise software architecture project, where scalability, security, and data integrity topics were relevant concerns
- Experience in developing at least one three-tier Web Application, and a good understanding of the technologies belonging to all three tiers
- Demonstrable proficiency in core programming languages (Java is preferred)
- Good knowledge of database technologies, including SQL language proficiency
- Demonstrable experience with various integration protocols, including different kinds of Web Service frameworks
- Fluent in English
Enjoy flexible working hours, from home when you need to, and blow off some steam with extra vacation days.
Not convinced? Standing desks, lunchtime yoga, top-notch espresso machines, bottomless organic fruit bowls, summer grilling, and dinner and drinks with colleagues are the cherry on top.
Attend conferences, seminars, and hackathons to keep your skills in peak condition. And if you're interested, loosen up your tongue by learning a new language with sponsored language courses.
Fast growth across the globe gives you the chance to transfer to locations in 8 countries. That means more opportunities to learn something new and drive big ideas in international environments.
Be heard! Our flat and transparent organizational structure allows you to take responsibility and make decisions. We designate ultimately responsible individuals who own their projects and run with them.
We love a good party
If quarterly team events, Christmas dinners, annual company-wide parties, and happy hours aren't enough of a good time, you can organize your own occasions through our internal social media platform.
Appway at a glance
Appway focuses on Enterprise Software, Finance, Productivity Software, Software, and Business Development. Their company has offices in New York, London, Toronto, Zurich, and Geneva. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees.