Helps organizations make smart decisions as they analyze the investments that will transform IT
Senior DevOps Engineer
You Are: A well rounded senior technology engineer who enjoys bringing robust, scalable, and immutable services to life. Your team will follow your lead to deliver innovative solutions to difficult problems across multiple distributed and highly-available environments. You understand DevOps practices and SRE principles and apply them strategically. You are energized by collaboration with your fellow software and operations engineers, senior leadership, and product management to produce extraordinary value for the organization. Most importantly you are a real person, and so are we.
We are: Apptio's Foundation Shared Services Team delivers key engineering infrastructure and support services. Our goal is to enable and accelerate success for each of Apptio's engineering and business teams across Apptio's entire product suite. We focus on cloud platform tooling, management, governance, observability, codebase integration testing, and CI/CD services. We succeed in our mission when we deliver highly automated solutions, design simplicity, and minimized manual effort. Foundation Shared Services projects are selected through regular feedback cycles, applied in small iterative updates, and reviewed frequently to test our assumptions.
What we want you to do: We are looking for a Sr DevOps Engineer to provide technical design, project leadership, mentoring of team members, and consultation services to internal consumers of our services. We want you to be both a driving force within the team and an effective collaborator with our partner teams. You should be comfortable working within all 3 of our primary focus areas (cloud infrastructure, observability, and CI/CD) with strong emphasis on CI/CD service design and management preferred. You will support existing services, recommend/design/implement new services, and work directly with our internal engineering teams to improve both infrastructure and application deployment and testing pipelines.
- Experience with high level programming languages such as Python, Ruby, and Golang
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Experience managing users and infrastructure in Cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP using IAC tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience building tooling around REST APIs
- Experience designing and managing CI/CD pipelines using TeamCity, Jenkins, or Gitlab
- Experience managing artifact repositories such as Nexus or Artifactory
- Proven success in CI/CD service design and implementation as well as end to end pipeline design and rollout
- Proven success in AWS infrastructure design and deployment across multiple accounts
- Experience managing kubernetes infrastructure design and management
- Experience building and deploying services in a kubernetes environment
- Experience building and managing monitoring systems such as Sensu and Prometheus
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with appropriate state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Apptio at a glance
Apptio focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Software, and Corporate IT. Their company has offices in Chicago, London, Bellevue, Cary, and Morrisville. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Apptio has raised $261M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2018.