Open source web framework to help developers build internal tools
Frontend engineer for open source project (remote)₹20L – ₹35L • 0.1% – 0.5%
Appsmith is a VC funded open source project. See our GitHub repo here: https://github.com/appsmithorg/appsmith.
What will you be doing?
Appsmith helps developers build apps quickly and has a fairly complicated UI. As a frontend engineer, you will be responsible for building highly performant UI. You’ll need to walk the fine line between simplicity of use and complexity of features. Since our users will interact directly with interfaces you build, you'll work closely with the design team and play a key role in deciding features and their design.
A high quality product is essential to our success. To this end, you will architect and design the front-end codebase to make it extensible, testable and modifiable in the future.
Must Have Skills
- A strong grasp of client-side frameworks such as React.js/Angular will be integral to your success.
- A strong working knowledge of HTML & CSS will ensure that you can create those pixel-perfect pages with ease.
- Being able to understand & design REST APIs is critical to ensure any reasonably complex functionality on the front-end.
Nice to Have Skills
- Basic knowledge of server-side programming languages like Python / Java is a bonus. It’ll help you work seamlessly across the stack and also understand the complexities of a platform better.
- Basic knowledge of relational database systems (MySQL/PostgreSQL) or NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Open source contributions to any project is bonus.
- Bonus points for working knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Rkt)
What is the recruitment process?
As a small & early team, it’s imperative that all of us get to know each other before taking the leap. We want to ensure you succeed in your role within our team. Each conversation (video conference) with us will last about 60 mins. Typically the whole process takes between 2 - 10 business days depending on your and our schedules.
Introductory call: A phone call with one of the founders that gives us a chance to introduce our company & product to you as well as get to know you. If you find our product vision interesting & exciting for you to work on, we will move to next steps.
Technical conversation I: This is a video call that allows for a deeper technical conversation. Expect some problem solving and pair programming to take place.
Technical conversation II: Another round of video interview that is a technical deep-dive with a founder/senior engineer on the team that will focus heavily on your technical chops. Expect some more problem solving and pair programming.
Culture fit conversation: Conversations with the founders and quick meetings with our team members to ensure that there is a culture-fit.
Extending an offer: If all goes well, we will extend an offer which includes financial benefits, equity stock grants and any other benefits.
- Medical insurance
- Budget to setup your home office
- Self-education budget for books, courses, and conferences
- Flexible holiday schedule
Medical insurance for spouse and parents
Cover of INR 3,00,000 per dependent
Fully distributed and remote team
You can work from home indefinitely. We have a home office set up budget.
Professional development budget
We'll cover or reimburse expenses of courses, books, and conferences.